How do you all go about......

Colline

Visit site
marking your grooming kit, haynets etc. we are moving into livery today and I was wondering how I could mark my haynets as of course everyone at the yard and the riding school ponies all have the same sort of nets? How would you guys mark your stuff so noone accidently "borrows" it?
confused.gif

sfward

Visit site
I don't, I just keep them with my stuff and trust in people's good nature! haynets are tricky, but grooming stuff you can put your initials on with a permanent marker, or scratch them in with a knife/scissors. How about wrapping a bit of sticky tape around the haynet cord?

Colline

Visit site
I think I will buy some of that coloured insulator tape and wrap it round the cord like you said. Thanks for that idea!!! I didn't think anyone was gonna answer me
frown.gif

HeatherAda

Visit site
it is hard to keep track and i find things go missing - prob because i left it lying around! but most things turn up again in a few weeks.

permanent marker tho so you can at least spot when one of yours turns up.

coloured tape on haynets is a good idea
smile.gif

grandmaweloveyou

Visit site
only share yard with one other, yo, and have own tack room and loving it. did used to label everything up though but tbh if you keep it neat and tidy and have a strict regime, its harder for people to nick/borrow, they know its more noticeable.

Cop-Pop

Visit site
When my haynet isn't in use I tie in a special way so everyone knows it's mine. I also found buying a large plastic trunk with a lid and storing everything in there worked really well. You can get the trunks in Focus I think - it was one of those DIY stores anyway! Just remember to put your name on the trunk too!!

sturgo

Visit site
When I kept my pony in livery it was really annoying how people would borrow things and then not put them back so when you need it it isnt there. Everything was marked with my name anyway.

Having moved pony back onto the farm now its a lot easier though because its only us!!