How do you become a course builder?

lucemoose

Visit site
Im getting into this course building malarky- am on my RC committee and have built all the courses since last spring and also have an Eventers Trial to literally build for (ie tire stealing) Is there any training or courses to do? Or should I just shadow people?

goeslikestink

www.hozhatz.co.uk
get in touch with bsja they do courses for it you have to get in touch with the local rep for your area

i know as i am doing it-- there are two types of courses
a course builder
or
train to be a jump judge you have to do one or the other the course is two years

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
If I remember correct the BSJA hold several seminars each year across the country. They are on for a couple of days each time. You are spoken to by top course builders & from there I think you have to work with a qualified builder for a year or so. You then start at the smaller shows & your competence is checked on. It takes a few years to get creditation. BSJA should have all the details....or have a chat with a course builder at a show. One of the guys who builds at shows around us is very approachable.
smile.gif

keysoe

Visit site
Contact your nearest BSJA venue, and ask if you could assist with course building - they will be happy for free assistance!

Typically it will be night before rather than competition day. You will get more out of starting from scratch rather than helping on the day