How do you build a sand all weather turnout area/pen

Doogle

Visit site
Can anyone tell me how to construct a sand or similar, all weather turnout area please. I have a hardstanding area, but need to increase it and am trying to think of cheaper/easier alternatives to my existing one which was created by removing all top soil, putting crushed concrete down and then hammering down flat. Thanks :)

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
There was a huge thread on this about 24hrs ago. Might be worth looking it up. It was about "people who pen horses into hardstanding" or something like that (in fact if you look into my past posts you'll find it easier!)

Doogle

Visit site
Thanks Holly, I think Wagtail said she had a sand turnout area on one of the threads I read and that it was just as easy as hardstanding to construct. But I don't think she actually said how she built the sand pen. I tried to message her but was unsuccessful. But I don't have much experience on the Forum and may have done it wrong! Love your photos by the way!

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
Thanks, sorry, didn't realise you'd seen the other thread!

If you click on their name it brings up a submenu and private message is on there, click that, then write your message..

Doogle

Visit site
Thanks Holly, but guess what, Wagtail has no more room left in her Message Inbox for anymore, so I just need to hope she reads this thread or someone else can advise. :)