How do you clean the inside of your Wellington boots?

patseyr

Visit site
Hi , Just looking for some advice...
I was out on Friday evening walking the dog and she ran off the other side of a ditch beyond a hedge. I followed but the murky ditch water turned out to be deeper than my boots! :(

Just wondering has this happened to anyone before, and how do you clean out the inside of your wellies?

I know there are cleaning products etc for the outside rubber but not sure if anything is available for the insides.
(The boots are Aigle parcours BTW)

patseyr

Visit site
Thanks for replies!!
just wondering if you can use soap or or any other cleaner on the inside of the boots? ?? I have never cleaned inside of them before either!! :rolleyes:

{97702}

Visit site
I’d normally stick them in the cupboard where the boiler is as it gets nice and warm, I know a lot of people suggest putting scrunched up newspaper inside to absorb any moisture but I’ve never managed to get that to work myself

Merrymoles

Visit site
If your dog is anything like ours, you'll have lots of "dog" towels so I'd suggest hosing them out then packing with towels overnight and then leaving outside on a nice sunny dry day!

Tihamandturkey

Visit site
Done this loads of times - few drops of liquid handsoap & water - rinse with water a few times - drain - leave near warm radiator in winter or outside in summer - newspaper does speed process as it soaks up the excess water 🙂

dogatemysalad

Visit site
Take the insoles out and wash, then dunk the boots in a bucket of soapy water and scrub with an old washing up brush. Rinse thoroughly under the outdoor tap and drain upside down. Fill with scrunched up newspaper once the excess water has evaporated. Next day, take paper out and finish off drying in an airing cupboard or warm room. Replace insoles when completely dry.

patseyr

Visit site
Thanks for suggestions , I think I will try the soapy water , was just afraid it might not be good for the boots!! Like the newspaper drying tips too ! Nothing worse than putting your feet into wet boots the following day 😭

patseyr

Visit site
Never thought of asking supplier, will be passing the shop where I bought them today so might pop in and ask , see what they reccomond . Thanks