How do you clip your horses quarters (trace/blanket clip)?

HorseMaid

Visit site
I'd say I'm pretty au fait with doing a decent clip but the one thing I am never 100% sure about/can never get a line I like is from stifle (the funny half circle bit) to bum/up to tail, and photos online only show it from the side! So your tips and tricks (and photos!) please for doing a top notch backside clip!

Cob Life

Visit site
I do a mark in lipstick either side of his tail and make sure they are level then take electrical tape either side to get the rest to line up

tatty_v

Visit site
I clip a straight line all the way along and do the half circle at the end so it is all more level. Otherwise I mainly go by eye and hope for the best!

whirlwind

Visit site
I use normal clipper to take a big swipe across and then you need adjustable blade trimmers (new liveryman novas are great for this) set down to the shortest blade and cutting into and down the line- so using them backwards to normal. I find this gives the sharpest line and finish.

640C6781-2CC6-4D3D-A743-6EAA1C10BA51.jpg

FabioandFreddy

Visit site
For the half circle i use a flexi curve as you can literally guide the clippers around it to get a nice shape and replicate the same size on the other side.