How Do You Dry Your Horse Boots / Wraps in Winter?

LEquus

Visit site
Anyone have any non-electric ideas for getting horse boots to dry in the barn in Winter?
I hung my travel boots up in the barn for a week to dry and they still have damp spots.
It's an enclosed American style barn, but still stays pretty damp inside this time of year so not much is going to get dry in there without some help.
Taking my horses poopy shipping boots into the house even after they're rinsed is not an option. Husband has to draw the line somewhere...
I've thought about a free-standing heated towel bar or a dehumidifier in the rug room (which also stays pretty damp), but the yard owner is a bit strict with the electric usage.
Also considered one of those old school laundry wringer/mangle machines to squeeze out as much water as possible, but those are hard to find and the new ones are a bit pricey.
I'm going to try my battery powered shop fan next. It seems to help with drying his fleece coolers.

Rowreach

🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪
Visit site
What about an oil filled radiator than only costs pennies to run? With some sort of airer rack so you're not putting the boots directly on the radiator. I had one in the outside loo at the previous place and it worked brilliantly. You could also have a plug in timer so it wouldn't be on for hours after you've gone home.

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
All mine goes in the downstairs loo, along with the cow poo infested wellies and boilersuits, sheep poo encrusted leggings and wet work gear. Frankly the horse stuff is the least of the smells :eek:
yeah between me and OH I really don't think a bit more grotty stuff indoors makes any difference tbh, haha