How do you know when you are ready to affiliate?

Haflinger

Visit site
So for Christmas, I really can't decide what I want. I am planning to go BSJA next year at some point, and was thinking of maybe asking for membership for xmas?

Know here comes my question, how do you know when you are ready to affiliate (especially BSJA!). My horse has jumped disco. I know that, I havn't howevere
smirk.gif
We did unaff to get used to each other, then we took and step back when she begun testing things by stopping. That seems to be all over now I wear spurs to jump her
smile.gif

We are jumping double clears consistantly in the open and intermediates (she dosen't give small ones much thought). We've been jumping about 1.05mish with biggish spreads at Keith Shores, when I go for a lesson..

Sorry for the essay, was just wondering whether you think we might be ready or not, and how you knew when to go affilated
blush.gif

BroadfordQueen

Visit site
Agree with the day ticket, tis what i did back in the day. There are loads of BSJA shows on atm so you can still get the membership for christmas if it all goes well! Im getting BE membership for xmas, whoo!
grin.gif

ajf

Visit site
When u register, if u say someone told u to join, they get a discount of their membership!!! they will then love u forever!

flyingfeet

Visit site
Look out for magazines offering a free day ticket - they will save you £6!

You are ready when you are jumping 3ft+ and want to minimize numpties and ponies at shows!!
grin.gif

MagicMelon

Visit site
Yeah, but only ready IMO when jumping regular CLEARS at at least 3ft. Go on a day ticket and do the British Novice - you'll find BSJA courses "bigger" because they are usually more up to height and much wider than un. Good luck!

Lvrees

www.supergroom.co.uk
I did a few day tickets on my first jumping mare then just joined, with Boston, he'd been jumping 3' and 3'3 clears at unnafiliated and I just joined and started at British Novice. Your first affiliated show is nerve racking cos the fences do look bigger, but once you go affiliated you wont go back!!!