How do you move up in SJ?

lottie1990

www.myspace.com
im kind of gettin a bit bored of doing my local shows, i want to move on abit, do more challenging courses on my horse, is the only option BSJA? because my mom said if i did the BSJA SJ i would have to travel the coutry but its too much though i would love to but i dont think my parents dont have the time, but weekeneds are good lol

Oaksflight

Visit site
You wouldn't have to travel round the country at all. Where abouts are you? Obviously you'll have to travel further afield, but the country is a bit extreme. Only other option really is trailblazers. Or perhaps you could have a go at some ODE?

Santa_Claus

www.katiemortimore.com
you only have to travel round the country if you are at the very top level aiming to compete in the various teams.

I have 6 venues within just under 2 hours although admittedly some only do summer shows and some only winter, so I never really ahev a need to travel further than 2 hours if i want to jump every other week!

Katie

lottie1990

www.myspace.com
thanks everyone! im from the midlands and i've done PC and in RC iv done the teams, ODE's, iv'e done alot but i liek show jumping more, i know that kingswood equestrian centre does BSJA jumping,

MillionDollar

Visit site
Solihull Riding Club, Warwickshire College, Gracelands and Field House Farm, Atherstone, Warwickshire all do BSJA if that helps.

http://www.solihullridingclub.co.uk/

This has all the dates of competitions at Solihull.
smile.gif

jess_asterix

Visit site
i am in the midland and i got to shows in 6 different areas and none of them are more than 2 1/2 hrs away
there is
hargate arena
beaver hall
kingswood(only have 2 junior show per year)
eland loge
field house
prescott arena
markfield
weston lawns
solihull RC
Wales n West

sot there is quite a few places that are not to ar to travel and some of them do shows all year round.
Has your pony ever done BSJA?
also what height are you competing at locally?
as at BSJA shows they build 'squarer'.
Also have you thought about pony club as you can compete up 3ft6 showjumping so that is another option.

xxjessxx

Peanot

Visit site
I am in the Midlands too and I have about the same as above:
Eland, Markfield, Field house, Solihull, Weston Lawns, and they are all between 30mins and 1 hour. All the venues are on the BSJA website, and there is always something on somewhere close. I prefer the BSJA courses and it is even better with more to qualify around the 1m height with the intros. BSJA now starts with a 75cm.

lottie1990

www.myspace.com
oh, and also say if i had ago at bsja, is it true you can't go back to doing local shows on that horse, im kinda worried fi i did start and decided it wasnt me that i cant go backand ill be stuck

Rachel_M

Visit site
You can't compete in comps where the prize money is above a certain amount. Very small.

I think you will find, with the intro classes, which tend to offer clear rounds, the well built courses friendly and inviting.

Good luck, post plenty of piccies when you do!

goeslikestink

www.hozhatz.co.uk
and you can jump on aticket but if you won the class prize money etc you wouldnt get -- but what yuou would get is the feel of bsja read the rules -- dont have to be a member to jump bsja -- like i said read the rules on bsja site and jump on a ticket