How do you start judging BD?

H-J

www.piczo.com
Good lors where do you find the time!
confused.gif
grin.gif
With one horse in full work & competing, one yearling and a horse on box rest etc! And then this, dont know where you find the hrs in the day!!
grin.gif

Anyways FMC (tori) should be able to help I woul dhave thought
smile.gif

bugsysmum

Visit site
Hi

If you look on the BD website they have a section on it. I think you have to have a recommendation from a judge and fill in a few forms, and then do training sessions etc. Not sure of the in's and out's but I think it may be a bit time-consuming!
Good luck - keep us posted as it's something I've been thinking of too!

Alibear

Visit site
I'd guess offer yourself as a scribe for a while and then if there's a judge you get on with they'd hopefully recommend you?

Or sometimes peoples trainers are BD Judges and recommend them that way?

_jetset_

Visit site
frown.gif

My trainer is not a BD judge
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

I might offer myself as a writer and go from there. How annoying, you would think they would encourage people to train really, as I know in my area they are often short of them. People don't always have the contacts to be recommended!

mrdarcy

www.rockcrunchers.co.uk
I know someone who's hoping to be a BD judge. She started by volunteering to write at affiliated events and judging at unaffiliated events for the practice. Most unaffiliated shows are short of people who will judge. Try Croft Top, Arkenfield and Rosses
smile.gif

Ferdinase514

Visit site
Hello
smile.gif

You need someone who has competed at Medium BD or above, Advanced Eventing or who is a list 4 (i think) or above to recommend you.

Is all on the BD website
smile.gif

Is a reasonable amount involved and has all changed recently....PM me if you want to know all the boring ins and outs
grin.gif

fairhill

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks... I am going to contact them and see whether they need writers soon.

[/ QUOTE ]

Try the local PC and RCs as well; they nearly always need writers, and the judges are normally BD ones.