How do you store your grooming kit?

tda

Visit site
Most of you are very organised 😂 my brushes mainly live in the open topped box on the quad, or in random places around the yard.
I've got some lovely Haas brushes that I've still not used as I know I'll ruin them 🤔🙄

Skib

sites.google.com
I have a strong plastic box bought in my early enthusiastic days of riding. But during Covid lockdown when I didnt use it for ages, it became infested with moth. I had to wash everything, box included. Warning to me not to leave brushes with horse hair in them.
I've got some lovely Haas brushes that I've still not used as I know I'll ruin them
Me too. Barely used.

Reactions: tda

Squeak

Visit site
I've got a stubbs grooming box and plastic fruit crate for the yard. I've had the stubbs box for over 20 years and it has stood up to a lot of abuse. For the horsebox I've got a wicker basket with stuff that I need taking in to the ring for showing and also a grooming bag with everything else in. Personally find the bag a bit fiddly but it works for what I need in the horsebox.

callybbi

Visit site
Old Horse has a triangular plastic feed manger fixed to the wall on the left-hand side corner of his stable. One of the grooms kindly made a bright green stretchy cover for it, and all his grooming kit is in there.

This is what we did, until we got broken in to and they stole all the corner mangers from the stables that had all of our useful everyday in use things we had in them!

Alibear

Visit site
I've got the one that's a tray but also has the step that fits over it as a lid, so you can use it as a mounting block. Its 20 + years old and still going strong.

Spirit7

Visit site
I’ve always preferred a grooming bag with a carry strap, but have had both the open tray style and rigid “toolbox” in the past.

What’s your preference?
I have a box which is full and tidy in my barn with loads of compartments etc, however I keep the most of the stuff I use daily (basils another full kit) wherever I put it down last- one of 3 stables, mounting block, floor outside 😟

Reactions: tda

HannahB

Visit site
Technically I have one of those wheeled tack boxes that came with the horse box (unused brushes, hat, hi vis), but everything i use regularly is strewn everywhere.. ledges in the stable, on the floor, near field gates, in the house, lost...

Birker2020

Visit site
I’ve always preferred a grooming bag with a carry strap, but have had both the open tray style and rigid “toolbox” in the past.

What’s your preference?
I used to store mine in my manger, only recently with Lari did I buy one of those three draw storage boxes and put stuff in there too.
I'm lucky being on the end of the line of stables that I don't have next doors horse trying to chew things out of the manger!

1713874414659.png

feesh

Visit site
I have one of the step stools with storage inside, and a handle on top. It's a great stool for braiding and taking pictures of the back from above for saddle fit, etc, serves as my mounting block, and makes a great seat for sitting and chatting - it's very popular for that (luckily everyone is great about putting it back in the tack room after borrowing it). In an ideal world, it would have a bit more space, and maybe a side compartment for taller things like fly spray, but all things considered it works well!

ecb89

Visit site
My main grooming kit is in one of the le mieux bags which lives in the tack room. However outside his stable I’ve got a plastic drawer set with sprays, hoof pick, magic brush and flicky brush

Sealine

Visit site
Mine lives in a heavy duty plastic box with a clip on lid bought from a DIY store. It's tall enough for bottles of fly spray and detangler. It lives in the stable on top of a big trunk.

feesh

Visit site
Yeah, I also have a big chest ("Stanley box" here, after the most common brand) where I keep less-used grooming stuff & bits of tack (fly spray, cloths, sponges, extra gloves, snacks, saddle rain cover, bit guards, extra bits, halter fuzzies, etc). In theory I could leave that all out in the tack room, but stuff does get messy and hard to find in the "general barn use" area, and this way I can always find my stuff.

suestowford

Visit site
I have a plastic box with the kind of lid that you can stand on, so I could use it as a mounting block if I wanted to.
I used to keep it in the pony shed, until I got a new pony who quickly worked out how to undo the clips. I found the entire contents strewn across the floor, all with bite marks on them. Now it lives next to the shed, fortunately it is waterproof if I remember to do the clips up properly.

southerncomfort

Visit site
I used to have grooming bags with the carry strap that goes over your shoulder but spiders kept climbing in!

Have upgraded to a plastic box with a lift out tray that can also be used as a mounting block.

I also have a separate plastic tray for my show grooming kit.

Fjord

Visit site
When i used to bring onto the yard to groom, I used to keep everything in a Le Mieux bag. Now I do a lot of grooming in the field so it's all kept in a bucket.