how does he look (Ridden pics)

marley and danni

Visit site
hi guys hows he currently looking hes now working consitantly in trot and the majority of the time in walk and the canter is getting there... here below are trot work photos :)

yum_zps40967980.png

troting_zps99f582d3.png

headin_zps67593968.png

this is my fave :)

gettingthere_zps00c20fee.png

corner_zpsc7c7c7f0.png

thanks for looking!

McW

Visit site
He looks like he is really trying. It's hard to tell for sure from the pictures, but he doesn't look to be tracking up. He could definitely use his engine more and work from behind, in the early part of the schooling session I'd forget about the front end and his head and get him really going for it in trot - think of it coming from behind so his stride is pushing his withers up and along. He should naturally drop his head with gentle squeezes. I would always prioritise on getting him going forward, yes I is likely his head will come up as he finds his balance but it will all come in the end and he looks a trier so that's half the battle out the way!

marley and danni

Visit site
thanks for the reply ! :) i start the sessions with nice forward going walks and trots then settle into this and i agree he could use him self better ill defo work on this :) out hacking its great he does it all without me asking :)

I See Clover

Visit site
He looks like he is really trying. It's hard to tell for sure from the pictures, but he doesn't look to be tracking up. He could definitely use his engine more and work from behind, in the early part of the schooling session I'd forget about the front end and his head and get him really going for it in trot - think of it coming from behind so his stride is pushing his withers up and along. He should naturally drop his head with gentle squeezes. I would always prioritise on getting him going forward, yes I is likely his head will come up as he finds his balance but it will all come in the end and he looks a trier so that's half the battle out the way!

Ditto this. I don't usually give cc as there are far more experienced people than me on here, but I had a lesson today involving more forwardness and impulsion and thought I would share. My instructor told me to count my mares strides on the long side of the arena which provides a good indication if she is going forward enough and tracking up better. It is trying to get them going more forward without them going any faster, using your leg to encourage forwardness and using your seat and hands to prevent them from running off. There should be a connection between your hands and your feet not only to create the energy but to keep it. Once you are able to do that, you will find you have a much stronger contact and he will soften.