How does one post a saddle?

Champers and Co

Visit site
I have just sold a saddle on Ebay! Wohoo! :) But now I need to post it!

Has anyone successfully used a particular courier in the past? Do I wrap it? HELP PLEASE!

Wheels

Visit site
Lots of bubble wrap or similar and into a thick, good quality box. Tape up well and mark as fragile

I have used parcelforce which can be expensive depending on how much you insure it for, I'm sure there are cheaper out there but I find them handy

Asha

Visit site
I sent one last week. I covered in bubble wrap, then put lots of pallet wrap in the box to support the saddle shape. In a box and taped up

I took it to the post office, and posted through Parcelforce. It cost £22 ( including insurance) Was delivered within 48hrs. Arrived with no issues

dixie

Visit site
I've also used bubble wrap and then put in a very well taped up box.
For a saddle I would use Parcelforce for peace of mind - the cost is usually between £15-£20, depending on size of box, weight etc.
I have successfully used Yodel but know that others haven't had great experiences with them.

s4sugar

Visit site
sometimes Royal Mail special delivery works out cheaper than Parcelforce.
Bubblewrap, box, plenty of tape & multiple sender's addresses inside and outside the box.

Annagain

Visit site
I wrapped it in bubble wrap, stuffed loads of scrunched up newspaper around it to stop it moving around in the box and taped it up really well, including around all the edges and corners. Sent it via Parcelforce and it arrived in perfect condition.

Nudibranch

Visit site
If you purchase postage through eBay you can get Parcelforce much cheaper. I recently posted one via 24 for 11 quid and another via 48 for 9. Just click and follow the options, print the label and take to the Post Office. Easy!

Champers and Co

Visit site
If you purchase postage through eBay you can get Parcelforce much cheaper. I recently posted one via 24 for 11 quid and another via 48 for 9. Just click and follow the options, print the label and take to the Post Office. Easy!

Thank you! Now I just need to fihure out how to weigh it! :p

Corbie

Visit site
Hermes are a good courier in my opinion and very reasonable too compared with parcelforce. You can book online and then take to one of their drop off shops near you (which are located in general retail stores generally) or even have them collect from your home for only an extra 35p.

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
I've used Hermes & Parcel to Go to send bulky or heavy items. Package the saddle as the photos above then go o n line & sort out the postage charges with Hermes or Parcels to Go. You pay for the post on line & then you print off the label for the parcel. Attach the label & then take it to any one of numerous shops listed on its website & drop it off there. The parcel will be collected & delivered within a few days, or sooner if you want to pay more. You acn have it signed for for just a small amount more. :)

teddypops

Visit site
I use the website interparcel.com you can compare different courier services and prices. I find UPS is good!