How does your horse make you laugh?

michellev123

Visit site
Just wondered what all your horses do that makes you laugh?

Oscar gets an itch right under his top lip comes up to me and gently places his lip on my finger for a rub!! He aslo shows me where his itches are so I can itch them, kinda points with his head at the bits he cant reach!!!

Anways just got me thinking what everyone elses neddies do that makes you smile!!!

soulfull

Visit site
Not had Micah long but he makes me laugh the way he throws his head when anything bothers him whether ridden or leading, its nothing major just a flick of his head and it can be scary or exciting. Also the way he madly grooms his rug if I leave it over the stable door

LauraWheeler

Visit site
Just wondered what all your horses do that makes you laugh?

Oscar gets an itch right under his top lip comes up to me and gently places his lip on my finger for a rub!! He aslo shows me where his itches are so I can itch them, kinda points with his head at the bits he cant reach!!!

Anways just got me thinking what everyone elses neddies do that makes you smile!!!

:D :D Lucy points at her itches so i can itch them to. She even points at the ones she can reach and i have to itch them to :rolleyes:
She also talks to me everytime she sees me (well she whickers) and she'll whinnie if i'm not close enough to hear a whicker.
The other day i had to laugh as she was whinnieing so loud in her box, she is normaly quiet but when i went to see she had run out of hay once i gave her some more she stopped whinnieing. :p

Luci07

Visit site
thats easy - when mine is being grumpy - you just have to scratch along his mane - near his wither and then my stroppy irish boy arches his neck, bottom lip wobbling and tries to groom you back. Its his party trick now and never fails to cheer me up!

gillianfleming

Visit site
When he's in a daft mood and bouncing, he flicks his head right round to either side, the dafter he's feeling the further and faster he flicks it.
He did it the other day in the field, came cantering over and about 2 strides away flicked his head and then bucked, i was standing going 'whoa whoa' lol

Cloud9

Visit site
Mine gives me kisses all the time - I sort of taught him to do it by giving him a kiss then giving him a treat - now he is always giving me kisses thinking he will get treats!! How the tables have turned......... Only thing is he sometimes nearly breaks your nose if you don't expect it!!

Snowball

Visit site
When my boy Trevor has finished his feed he throws his feed bucket over the stable door!! and god help u if your stood in the way!!!.....
Then when he's all finished eating and chucking buckets and ready to go out, he walks out of the stable straight to the water butt where he washes his tash incase he has any brekkie left round his mouth!!!..... bless him, he's hilarious.

Twirly

Visit site
My little yearling follows my big un around when I'm working her in the field bless her, it's like little and large going around on the lunge and it it just cracks me up everytime

the watcher

Visit site
I whistled my ponies the other day to come in. The mare ambled across but 2yo Onyx was far too busy chasing a crow across the field that was joining in the game, flapping a few feet along and waiting for him to catch up. Then he spotted me and cantered up towards the gate until he was halfway across the field and spotted another crow - game on again!

domane

Visit site
Just tonight, I had brought my two in and gone to collect their feeds. As I walked back across the yard, they both spotted the trugs and begain shaking their heads up and down in complete unison (A very definite "Hurry UP mum" message!). As I approached, I called out "Are you hungry!" - more furious nodding as they both agreed... hehe....

clip_clop

Visit site
my youngster always makes me laugh, he gallops round the field neighing which makes him sound like he is singing and eats his tea then throws me the bucket back!

michellev123

Visit site
Teehe!!! I love hearing all your stories . . . was laughing so hard at some of them. espically the baby and the crow!!!!

Thanks for sharing them with us!!! :grin:

WelshMisfit

Visit site
If my boy has finished all his haylage off, he takes his frustration out on the brush and shavings fork which are leaned up against the wall just outside his stable. I know his nets are empty without looking because they'll be on the floor. He never does it any other time!

Also, he takes my coats off the hook and then passes them over to my Shetland in the stable next door so he can have the blame, even though I know they are well out of his reach! I've often found them trampled to death in the Shetland's stable, and my boy is standing there looking at me all innocent as though to say "It wasn't me!"

pocket

Visit site
Ralph also does the itch me here please mum :) But he also has a really girly squeal, pig like if he doesn't want to do something! He will squeal, then run off.....mad 16.2 beast :)

htobago

Visit site
I whistled my ponies the other day to come in. The mare ambled across but 2yo Onyx was far too busy chasing a crow across the field that was joining in the game, flapping a few feet along and waiting for him to catch up. Then he spotted me and cantered up towards the gate until he was halfway across the field and spotted another crow - game on again!

LOL! This reminds me so much of Onyx's Daddy, Tobago! It would take me days to list the ways in which he makes everyone laugh - he seems to find a new ludicrous game or trick every day. But the Onyx story reminds me in particular of one day when he was turned out in the sand-school and a leaf (yes, just a single leaf) blew into the school - Tobago immediately started chasing it and trying to pounce on it, and kept up this daft game for about 10 minutes. He looked like a giant kitten - we were all in fits of giggles!

TicTac

Visit site
My mare has such alot of character. Today when I lunged her she was full of herself. She leaps into the air like a deer. when I stoped her to turn her direction she was flicking out her hind legs in a sort of cow kicking action and then continued to bounce up and down on the spot all this with her ears forward and looking at me laughing in histerics.

phoebeast

Visit site
my TB Bo lifts her front leg up and waggles it about if she's hungry or has an itchy armpit. also if you waggle your finger near the corners of her mouth she starts mouthing as she would if you actually put your finger in there :)

Welsh Cob Spring never shuts up! she chats away when you ask her a question mainly involving food. also her lip quivers like it's going to fall off when she's going to sleep which is usually at the most innapropriate time. it makes her jump sometimes.

Megan the Dartmoor will never let you catch her at tea time as she much prefers to go and stand in her tying up spot by her own accord!