How far do you hack?

Hormonal Filly

Visit site
Usual ride is up to 2 hours long, sometimes if we do a day ride with a few of us in summer (obviously not now, during lockdown) up to 4 hours. We stop for a drink on the way, or take a few drinks with us.

I make sure hes fit enough for that though, pet hate seeing horses leave the yard that aren't fit enough for 30 minutes let alone 4 hours.

Izzwall

Visit site
I'm extremely lucky as I have dartmoor on my doorstep, plus 2 different forests, byways, bridleways and a cycle path that hoses can use too. I can go from 45 mins to 5 hours but I can literally ride all day long without a single road and barely see any people. Pony has EMS so I'm exercising her at the moment ranging from 1.5 - 3 hours. We try to do about 40 miles a week currently to get her fitter so we can go exploring in the wilderness and go tor climbing

Attachments

• inCollage_20200504_152727788.jpg
    inCollage_20200504_152727788.jpg
    653 KB · Views: 2

tiga71

Visit site
My horses are based at the foot of the South Downs so we are very lucky to have miles of off road hacking at the gate of the farm. We do anything from 1.5 hours to 4 hours usually. I haven't been riding during lockdown so we have been doing lots of longreining. But I am going to start riding my old boy this week as I just can't keep the weight off him working from the ground and I am worried about lami so he will be going back up, starting with some walk rides.

Reactions: SEH