How far do you travel to your yard?

Cazzah

Visit site
About 8 miles at the moment - and the furthest away I've ever had them....feels like too far at the moment but struggling to find anywhere acceptable any closer.

beatrice

Visit site
currently about 10 mins drive, depending on how many times i hav to stop on single track roads. However am moving to a new yard which is about a 20/25 mins drive but they will be on full livery so will only have to go once a day.

golddustsara

Visit site
17 miles and 30 mins. Would be about 20 mins but I live on the seafront in Southsea and have to travel all through Portsmouth to get out of this godforsaken city!

j1ffy

Visit site
10 miles of London traffic...can take anything from 40 mins to 90! Hence I only have a part-loan not my own, there's no way I can do it more than a couple of times a week especially as I can work long hours.

Heard today though his owner is moving him further out so I'm not sure if I'll be able to carry on with him - would be at least 50 mins each way in good traffic
frown.gif

Twizzel

Visit site
20 minutes away if I catch the ferry, 35 minutes if I drive the long way round (which is cheaper as the ferry is extortionately expensive).

Fizzimyst

www.catsprotection.co.uk
12.5 miles to mine, its the best yard I have ever been on, horses are happy, people are lovely, I've got no intention of moving them closer
smile.gif
although thinking about looking to move closer to the yard when my finances are looking healthier
grin.gif

H's mum

www.coligone.co.uk
I'm lucky to have them at home now so they are literally just outside the door.. but I've been at yards which involved lengthy travel (30-40mins each way) and it really does become a grind (IMHO anyway)
Kate x

xmariax

Visit site
30-40mins up the motorway depending on the m25 traffic!!!! longer if i leave after 4.30!!!!!
i no it seems like madness to do it everday but my horses are so settled there i tried moving them closer and they hated it so i moved back.
i also have family local to the yard so they can babysit while i ride
smile.gif

have been doing it 6 yrs now its just part of my routine!

sare_bear

Visit site
Just moved to a yard that is 17 miles away, takes about 25mins on good day. Couldnt find anything I liked closer and only go down once a day now. But so friendly its worth it.

diggerbez

Visit site
about 10-15 mins depending on traffic. used to be 5 but i hated the place so would rather travel further. i love it

chaps89

Visit site
15 minutes away from home, but luckily I work at the same place I keep my horse which saves any extra traveling as my stables are about 200 yards from my desk
grin.gif

I'd rather travel for 10 minutes longer to a better yard than for 5 minutes to a yard where I might not be so happy. As long as I could afford the extra time and fuel/it was justifiable
smile.gif

Tarryho

New User
Visit site
15 miles, takes about 25 minutes, but the facilities are good for me and they have services and my friends which I rely on so I only have to go once a day