How far do you travel to your yard?

Ali27

Visit site
My field is 2.9 miles away so takes 4-5 minutes ? When I was on DIY, the furthest yard was 20 mins away and I hated the travelling! The most I would travel is 10 mins max!

cowgirl16

Visit site
13 miles and 25 mins. (30 if I hit school traffic). This really is the furthest I'm prepared to go (what with the cost of fuel!!), but I'm prepared to compromise as I'd been looking for a track livery for ages, and was lucky to get this space. Only need to go once a day, and if I can't get there for any reason (including the vile weather conditions on the Mendips), the boy can be taken care of for me.

Sleipnir

Visit site
You're all so lucky! My route is 80 minutes one way if I carpool, and 2 hours by public transport, so I can spend up to 4 hours a day just going to and from the yard!

Luckily, it's a full livery with perfect service, so I am at peace at all times that my horses are safe and cared for even on days when I can't make it. Totally worth it.

JGC

Visit site
I should have said that I'm on part livery with the possibility of exercise for extra, so I go five days a week, as it's in the opposite direction to work.

pistolpete

Visit site
Pony in a field 8 minutes walk from my house. There is a livery yard similar distance if I had a rideable horse. Love being in the country. Moved last year to be nearer horses and then had to retire rideable one!

Afon_34

Visit site
25 minutes, 17 miles. Moved last year from a yard that was literally a 2 minute drive from house but horses (& me) are definitely happier now. Another who only has to go once a day, couldn’t do it otherwise

Greylegs

Visit site
According to Google maps its 650 yards from my front door to my horse's stable across a field. Like come other posters here, I can walk there across said field, or take the longer route by road around the edge it I drive .... love him being so close.

Spot_On03

Visit site
About 4-4.5 miles by car. Takes about 15mins depending on what time I leave/ if any roadworks. During lockdown it was 8mins.....!!