How far would you travel for BE?

Tangaroo

Visit site
I am thinking of doing the BE90 reg final at Firle in Sussex. I live near Weymouth in Dorset and i reckon it will be about 120 or so miles from home. Would you stable the night before or do it all in one day? I Think it would take at least 3 hrs poss more?

kick_On

Visit site
for RF i would defo stay over nite and push boat out to do comp
grin.gif

connie1288

Visit site
3 hrs i would do in the day, i would spend far too much in stables other wise!
I have a horrible feeling to get a NRF i may have to go to Ake from Norfolk, even though Eridge is much closer but i need to have soft ground. That will be over 5 hrs and a night away!!

Joss

Visit site
I kind of aim to have 3 hours ish as my cut off point for doing in a day, however with where I live the last 80 miles are horrible & wiggly. Its much easier if its motorway driving, more for the horse than me!! I would put your postcode & events postcode into AA route finder & find out exactly how far it is. 120 miles doesnt sound very far at all.

If you rarely stay over then you could anyway.......for fun??!! Make sure you have lots of friends & lots of alcohol & you'll be fine.
smile.gif

Tangaroo

Visit site
Thanks, i put it into route finder and it says 135 miles. It is nearly all dual carriageway or motorway but it is a bank holiday weekend
shocked.gif

lizzieb

Visit site
We did 130 miles to Aston and back all on the same day last year. I drove there, rode horse and sister drove back so I could have a nap
smile.gif
If I was going much further I would probably stable but that's a hassle as I've got to find someone to do the horses left at home. The pros travel all the way across/up and down the country in the same day so 135 miles should be fine
smile.gif

Julie123

Visit site
I used to work for a pro and we would travel 5 hrs to and 5 hrs back so your definately going to be fine with 120 miles.