How flexible is your horse?

_GG_

Visit site
Because George can, as you'll see, reach his own manhood and I've even seen him scratch the back of his hocks with his teeth. I was telling his physio about how he likes to show me where he wants me to scratch him and so I got this for her today.

He's such a dude! Who else has an elastic horse?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1S1pHXKUxoU

_GG_

Visit site
I don't have a video but my 4 yr old can scratch the top of his own dock with 4 feet on the ground :eek:

He did that a few times last year, not seen him do it yet this summer. He doesn't want scratches in the winter...he just started up again a few days ago :)

He is so lovely!! I have a flexible horse, well pony. Raffles. When R comes up to work her magic, she often has students with her, and they are all made to look at how amazingly flexible he is for 23. :) x

Raffles is special :)

_GG_

Visit site
Dave's a bit special, so he prefers the hedge. I hope he'll get more flexi now we're starting "proper" work.

It'll all help. Carrot stretches are a good way to get them bending as well but if you want to stay away from feeding from your hand with him (always best with babies to keep them from learning to nip)..buy a horselyx tub....hand size and all he'll learn to do is lick :)

C1airey

Visit site

B can scratch his own parts, although he'd much rather I did it. He can also scratch behind his ear with his hind hoof: hilarious in the field, alarming when on board!

He's actually a bit arthritic, but also has sweet itch. I think a lifetime of bending to scratch various itches has kept him flexible. Every cloud...

_GG_

Visit site

B can scratch his own parts, although he'd much rather I did it. He can also scratch behind his ear with his hind hoof: hilarious in the field, alarming when on board!

He's actually a bit arthritic, but also has sweet itch. I think a lifetime of bending to scratch various itches has kept him flexible. Every cloud...

Luckily not been sat on George for one of his ear scratches, thank goodness. The physio was so shocked by him. For all the muscle tension he's held, his broken wither, his ulcers etc...he's maintained the ability to stretch and balance. :)

Dave's Mam

Visit site
It'll all help. Carrot stretches are a good way to get them bending as well but if you want to stay away from feeding from your hand with him (always best with babies to keep them from learning to nip)..buy a horselyx tub....hand size and all he'll learn to do is lick :)

Ah! Fab idea, as you guessed right, I avoid feeding from the hand, unless I am trying to bribe him into a headcollar!