How has this season gone for you?

rolyview

Visit site
very well we started eventing at intro this year 1st season not to good dressage scores of 44 clear sj but a few sillyt stops xc but 2nd season got dressage scores of 28 and 27! and was placed in 2 out or 3 events this season (4th and 5th) so very pleased with my boy!!

madhector

www.darlingdressage.co.uk
ummm...not very well! lol

Aimed to get B up to novice by the end of the season, instead succeeded in breaking him after 5 events and spending the next half a season working like mad to afford to buy another horse. Hopefully by next season they will both be up and running and will start all over again!

Eventerlad15

Visit site
*numpty entered on other post*

Well cant find my origional post, but it was something like this:
'do well at Nov, do a 1* and an int'

We bought Duncan in March, far talented than I ever thought we'd buy, and 2 days before our first event he did a split so had 2 months off. We the found super shannah on lease and suddenly it went very well! Finished on a 30 at BE100(but TE for error of course, and HC anyway)which would have won. Then made novice feel easy with 3 DC's, gave our first int a crack, and felt great, then he ran out of steam, and did a 1* with a clear xc. So goods and bads, and Duncan did one DC at nov, but thats about it.

This season was not what I expected, we only competed since July, and to have done all that in half a season is not bad at all. Roll on 2010, and I hope I finally have a full season and Duncan steals the show!

KatB

Visit site
I cant believe I didnt post on the original, but I think on a similar one I put:

"To be consistent at PN level, and get a placing, and hopefully move to Novice when sorted out our Sjing demons, finishing the season with a healthy happy Goddy"....

However, did a few PN's, cracked our SJing demons, and getting a personal best dressage score, but decided Goddy would never enjoy the true "eventing" lifestyle, and probably wouldnt go Novice comfortably.

So he was sold to a perfect home for him, and I went looking for a 5-7yr old gelding to go novice on next year.... and fell in love with a 4yr old freshly backed mare....
smirk.gif
and have had to put up with the merciless mick taking for getting the exact opposite ever since
tongue.gif

daisycrazy

Visit site
I didn't post any aims for this year because I am trying not to make plans for my horse (this would be the one who broke his neck 18 months ago). I have competed him this season and, although he has been a star, my confidence is rock bottom and I have really struggled to enjoy jumping. I feel like a rabbit caught in headlights riding to anything over PN height, and my seat feels ridiculously insecure, which sadly finally transferred to my horse and he stopped for the first time.

However, the very fact that he is competing at all is a miracle. He also came 1st and 2nd from his three OPNs and went out at Novice (both of us very ring rusty!) and came 4th, 2nd then 1st after dressage. And all I do is reward him by crying!

Pipsqueak 1981

Visit site
Mines been okay ...some aims achieved !!

BE: only three events for me this year but aims were:
Get a sub 40 dressage (BE90)
Get a double clear inside the time (BE90)
Try and BE 100

Sub 40 dressage - TICK!
grin.gif
just ...with 39.5
DOuble clear inside time - TICK!
grin.gif
Unfortunately not on the same day as my 39.5..
crazy.gif

Not managed to try a be100, as no transport, so maybe next year!
smile.gif

Dressage - either pure or any comp involving dressage ..just to consistenty get above 60% at prelim. Well I managed it one day with 63% and 68%
grin.gif
grin.gif

Though that was for one day only....but still
grin.gif
grin.gif
as I find it tough!! Gradually getting more consistent thought so I'm not complaining
cool.gif

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
www.youtube.com
Have you thought about getting NLP? Its really good at overcoming trauma and helping your confidence. Seems like you are both pretty good and that you want to do it but that you have something stopping you from enjoying it.

rara007

Visit site
All of mine achieved, - Placing at channel cup (team won, indiv. 6th) , indoor nationals (2nd) and qualified for the outdoor nationals (came 6th) Didn't do many events, but all that we did were great. Kept sound, and now boringly sane.
I love my pony
blush.gif
laugh.gif

SazzyB

Visit site
Well it started very well, with good runs and placings at BE90s. (Had not done much last year or two). Then back up to BE100 with an aim for much better dressage this year, clear SJ and good runs xc. Main aims were to improve his fear of water jumps and improve on our speed and rhythm on the xc. Then if all went to plan, think about a Novice at the end of the season (something always goes wrong when I plan, or go to, a Novice!!). Well it was all going to plan until we went to Mattingley at the end of May. My horse wasn't going forward very well and I walked the course wrong and instead of walking into the water tried to jump in and had a stop. However, shortly afterwards my horse went down with tapeworm-induced colic, so I have an excuse!! After 10 days in horsepital it took a while to bring him back.
He did a great job at Mattingley PNP, his first event back, he was going fantastic right up until I fell off after jumping the 3rd from last!!! Idiot!!! Trying to be clever and do a turn off the jump and it didn't quite work.... We did complete though... Just with quite a few time!!
Then did MKEC Novice. Horse nearly fell before 3rd fence, I didn't realise, thought he'd just slipped, but was sticky all the way around. We did jump everything but had stops at the new water and fence 3 after he recovered. Got eliminated. However, having watched the video much later, well, I would have retired at the time if I had known it was that bad!!!
Goring again he was sticky but flew through the water (jumping in), then I got the MKEC video, got him some sports massage and chiro and he started to feel better. Went back to Munstead where he was fantastic, really forward and galloping properly right up to the water jump where he stopped. So not sure what the next plan is..... We did have Moreton Morrell Novice planned (nice open water!) but lorry tyre exploded on the way, taking out part of the lorry, so we didn't make it and ended the season....
Overall I think a good season because we had good dressage scores, a couple of placings and he felt fantastic at Munstead, really going for it, also at the PNP at Mattingley, he would have been 3rd if I hadn't fallen off (doh!) which I would have been very chuffed with! Also he made the Novice fences at MKEC feel small.

FigJam

teamhopalong.blogspot.com
So pleased for everyone who met/exceeded their aims and sad for those for whom fate conspired against.
frown.gif

After two years of having a horse either off work or being slowly brought back into work (then off again just as she was getting fit again!), although I didn't post on the other thread, my main aim was for her not to injure herself again!
wink.gif
- done!
smile.gif

Other aims were to try our hand/hooves at this eventing malarky. Did lots of training days over BE courses, a few unaff HTs and then managed to not disgrace ourselves (in the jumping phases anyway!
tongue.gif
) at two BE Intros in August.
laugh.gif
Definitely exceeded expectation with a 4th place in the Scone Intro!
grin.gif
Definitely my most treasured rosette of the moment!

Very happy that considering this is our first season doing XC (both horse and rider), we've only had one refusal all season in competition (horrid, wide, open ditch with running water through it under trees- couldn't really blame her!) and only 1 SJ fence (planks, grrr!) down all season.
smile.gif
Won't mention the giraffe-esque dressage which is a work in progress and after coping so well with the jumping, we're definitely working on it to try get more competitive after the first phase!
wink.gif

Next season I'd like to continue picking up double clears, get a dressage score with a "3" in the front of it and enjoy another fun season with her.
smile.gif
Maybe even be brave enough to try a PN at some point...!
blush.gif

Bring on 2010!
smile.gif

icestationzebra

Visit site
I didn't post on that thread last year and at that point I really had no hopes/aims. I'd spent a lot of last season on the floor
blush.gif

However I am pleased to be able to say that this season has been fab - albeit only a half season. 4 BE90's and placed at 2. Fully expecting to be in contention for the Pre-Novice Olympics in 2015
grin.gif

AandK

Visit site
didn't post on the original thread, although i am sure i did post on a similar one, too long ago to remember what i wrote tho!!
in Dec 2008 i turned Andy out 24/7 after 4 months of box rest (suspensory ligament injury) and 1 month of gradual acclimatisation to turnout, alongside a controled exercise program and at that point in time i would have been happy just to have him sound and rideable for 2009..
well he has surpassed all my expectations and is truly living up to his nick name 'the come back king'.. not only did he make a sound return to ridden work, he also made the return to eventing at the end of July '09
grin.gif
there has been some good and bad at our handful of BE runs this year but for me the best bit is having my boy back to full fitness and i am hoping we can carry on into 2010 too
smile.gif

casconway191

Visit site
Ok my goal was to start early and try and get to Blair 2** with Henry and al going well get Toby happily round a few PN's.

Well we didnt start early due to injuries and stupid issues.

However when we did start the season exceeded expectations. Henry was brill at Blair and also completed an Advanced clear XC which I could only have dreamed of.

As for Toby he finished 4th at his last PN and is growing in confidence although every now and again he over thinks things and worries himself. All said and done I wouldnt have predicted a placing at PN this early.

So in reflection it has been a very emotionally draining year but with some great achievments. Fingers crossed next year is as good although it would be good if there was less drama along the way!!

xkx

brushingboots

Visit site
My Aims for this year were;
to start riding full time after my broken leg [that was my jan-feb aim
wink.gif
]
then to do BE
get up to PN and do aldon 3day PN

the first 1 worked
as did the 2nd
but the third
well
overprotective mother = urhmm no!
but really glad we didn't considering how silly barrys being at the mo..so im making the last one our 2010 aim
smile.gif

satisfactory-ish finish
smile.gif

H_J

Visit site
Wow I didnt actually post on that thread therefore as I had no plans for 2009 I did pretty well then
grin.gif
grin.gif

I put horses and eventing down as an expensive disapointment! But yes I will be eventing again in 2010, 2 horses for my sins!!
tongue.gif

harrihjc

Visit site
My plans for 2009 were:

ridden non-native coloured at Kent County
novice dressage
start jumping again and attempt a BN

Sadly Flash went lame in March after being kicked and then managed consecutive injuries to keep him out of work ever since
frown.gif
The lengths that pony will go to to get out of exercise!! We still don't know if he'll ever be sound again, so my aims for 2010 are to be able to ride again! It would take a miracle to get us back to last years level, but fingers crossed!

Hesperus

Visit site
Big big hugs to all those who have had a crappy year. And well done to those who have achieved their dreams!

I guess on the face of it I am very lucky as I've had 2 horses, both at 90/100 and had some fun times and great rides. And I remind myself many people don't have the opportunities at all.

But a sad year for me really as one horse has retired from eventing after a handful of runs where he didn't go as he can. His front feet just aren't up to it anymore
frown.gif
. He had 2 shots at RFs but didn't make it to them and won't be gong to Badminton and I can't tell you how much I desperately wanted to go...

The other one has had a good year, but also missed out coming 11th in his RF despite doing his best. MY DCs at PN which I was aiming for didn't happen and his season then finished with a very disappointing CR at Broadway so Sj lessons for us over the winter.

Not a disastrous year but goals and dreams not achieved this time...

JenniferB

Visit site
I didn't post on the original one noted but sure I did another somewhere where I wanted to be jumping Fox and have all my Newcomers DCs, wanted to break 60% at prelim and get braver riding the pointers.

Jumping hasn't really gone to plan, we started the year well jumping the Hickstead Winter Novice qualifier (had two down in the second round, but it was huge!), going straight into a 1.20m open at my local county show (never started at 1.20m ever!) and qualified for Scope & Amateurs but never got my last DC in the last term and not even jumped a NC this term (mix of opens mainly).

Dressage has been going a bit better, bought a dressage saddle and got 63.5% at my last prelim outing, have also had a bash at my first long arena test!

Definitely getting a bit braver with the pointers, more than idly threatening to ride in a proper racing saddle and have been schooling over hurdles a fair bit. Also been riding the sharper and stronger ones so all good - maybe next year I'll actually grow a pair and have a shot at racing...

Fingers crossed the jumping gets sorted out and I don't break myself!

BBs

Visit site
I didn’t reply to the post last year, probably because the whole year in general was bloody awful due to personal (dad’s death) and Snoopy having to have 8 months off due to injury.
This year I took the ride back on big Winston, who bless him upgraded to Elementary successfully by winning 3 Elems on the trot, qualifying for the Petplans for a second year running. That was of course, until he slipped over and put his back out
frown.gif
and subsequently had 3 months off
mad.gif

However, ever the optimist, Snoopals is now back in work and showing me what a super little horse he really is.
Winston is now back in work (walking only) but in work.

Dressage lesson now booked ready to start our stressage/ODE campaign again = yes I did mention ODE *whistles* I currently have a kidney on ebay to afford this venture
smirk.gif

Nic

Visit site
I didn't post on that but it's been a pretty good season. If far shorter than I would have liked.

Planned to do 6 intros & a PN. Due to weather & BE conspiring against us we did 4 intros!

3 clear XC within the time & came 11th at our last BE on the same score as 9 & 10th but they were slower XC & closer to the OT. At least he'll make PN time!
smirk.gif

We also got the best stressage score I've ever had at BE 31.5. Now to sort out the SJ, we either have 4 faults or 24!
blush.gif

Next year I want sound ponies. DA to move up to & be confident at PN & more than 4 events!
grin.gif

Nic

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]

= yes I did mention ODE *whistles* I currently have a kidney on ebay to afford this venture
smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Come back to the dark side!
grin.gif