how incredibly rude

izzabella

Visit site
what makes people think its ok to just comment on other peoples stuff without being asked. i was just stood there minding my own buisness waiting for a friend to go get her horse and people just had to mention things.

if u can tell im fuming.

sorry about the rant but i am fed up of people butting into my life. i love my horse so much have done numerous owners courses and nvq's in horse care. why would i ever put her in danger. even the thought of it makes me want to cry.:mad:

Cavblacks

Visit site
Oh dear, someone posted something similar the other day! Some people just feel the need I guess....

What did they comment on?

izzabella

Visit site
i have some jumps at home that i made and they have pointed ends at the top of the wings but the wings are over 9 ft tall and the horse cant get that high even if it reared up and they arnt sharp they are just like a cone shape with a flat end to the point. she honestly could get up their even if she tried. they were going on about how she would rear up and kill herself on them but they havnt been up close to them and seen how big they are.

Horseback Rider

Visit site
People like this are normally just jealous and say stuff to make themsleves feel better !! In your case they are probably either pissed they didn't think of how to make the jumps or have the know how !!

In other words take it as a compliment x

izzabella

Visit site
People like this are normally just jealous and say stuff to make themsleves feel better !! In your case they are probably either pissed they didn't think of how to make the jumps or have the know how !!

In other words take it as a compliment x

i wish i had the confidence to believe that but i always get it stuck in my head and it goes round and round and round

smossy

Visit site
Look on the bright side,if they think that least they wont be using them when your not there. :D
Some folk have nothing better to do than bitch at others,
Ignore and enjoy your horse

CBFan

Visit site
i have some jumps at home that i made and they have pointed ends at the top of the wings but the wings are over 9 ft tall and the horse cant get that high even if it reared up and they arnt sharp they are just like a cone shape with a flat end to the point. she honestly could get up their even if she tried. they were going on about how she would rear up and kill herself on them but they havnt been up close to them and seen how big they are.

NEVER say never where horses are concerned. I'm sure she was only thinking of the safety of you and your horse. Have you considered the height of your horse's head above the ground as she is jumping / should she refuse / slip... I would hate to think of her skewering her head or you on the spike. ****bleurgh****

henryhorn

www.narramorehorses.blogspot.com
I wonder if you are quite right in your 9 feet tall estimate, at that height they would be too heavy to move!
Although you are correct in saying your horse can't reach them have you taken into account how high you are in the air on your horse when jumping? If your jump 3' 6" add the horse's body height even with folded legs then you, having a sharp end is I'm afraid rather daft.
Suppose you fall off at that height ? Why not just get someone to cut straight across the tops and make them safe?
You might see them as interfering, but surely advising you of something dangerous is preventing an accident.
Sorry but I do get the feeling you may not be very experienced if you feel having a fence post upside down as a jump wing is safe..

izzabella

Visit site
they are difficult to move. we cant jump 3,6. were lucky if we make 2,9. its not a sharp end. it just looks like a point. it is a cone shape at the end with a blunt top to the cone.

i could live with interfering but they just walked up and told me im going to die and kill the horse. they have only seen the jumps from an 3acres away and they are only like 16.

they are not the nomal one inch round fence posts.

honestly ive had people take pictures since the comments and neither me or her go up to the point

also since the comments ive shown my riding school (which is very respectable)pictures of the jumps with the horse and me next to the jump and they said that it was fine.

Last edited: