How is everyone coping with the weather?

FestiveBoomBoom

Visit site
I'm getting soaked twice a day and my Welles have holes in them. I detest walking in horizontal rain but the dogs have the time of their life! Is anyone lucky enough to be in a dry area?

Vizslak

Visit site
coats for everyone and out as usual, they dont mind as long as raincoated, I actually quite like walking in rain as long as I'm prepped for it and not caught out as I have been a few times lately...ie, gone out in glorious sunshine in just a jumper and been caught by torrential and persistant rain....I dont like that much! As long as I have a decent coat and hood and the dogs are all coated (cos otherwise I trudge along thinking 'blinkin hell I have to dry four dogs off when I get home and the house will stink') I actually find walking in the pouring rain sort of...theraputic! :eek: maybe I am odd!! :D

Toffee44

Visit site
Just one walk in the woods for about 1hour. Teal got a bit scared with the hail storms we keep getting caught in. But in defence I am at home all day today and yesterday.

Just soooooooooooooooo glad Buster looks like this at the moment, And I also have a tiled hall/ dog room that I can put seperate heating on in.

IMAG1061.jpg

and not this

IMAG1054.jpg

Last edited:

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
Dogs don't care, they have to go out or my life would be hell! I've just ordered a towelling robe for Bear as a trial for the others. I spent an hour damping down surfaces and cleaning chairs/tables in the kitchen then hoovered everywhere. The filth is horrific. :(

Pony had a duvet day due to weird swelling on his neck.

orionstar

Visit site
They were walked this morning in the dry but its peed down ever since and they usually have the back door left open so they can come and go as they please and have a hoolie in the garden. They obviously havent done that today, as after a long walk in the rain this evening and several hoolies, they have spent all night running around the sitting room and covering the setee in mud. They usually just sleep after tea and the log burner is on, but its been up down up down, play fighting then wanting to go in the garden. It's got me demented:( Obi is now lying upside down on the setee wagging his tail and play talking at me!

CorvusCorax

Justified & Ancient
Visit site
I used to laugh at Zoobie on her for making her GSD wear a coat but if I stick an Equafleece on the young one, then at least only his head, tail and feet are wet when he comes in.

orionstar

Visit site
I used to laugh at Zoobie on her for making her GSD wear a coat but if I stick an Equafleece on the young one, then at least only his head, tail and feet are wet when he comes in.

I must try this, after changing into dry clothes the dogs have used me to dry themselves ever since. I'm now damp again :( and Harry's face when I opened the boot at the yard was a picture, ears flat back and didnt want to come out. He peed for England as he clearly didnt want to get wet today :D

blackcob

🖖
Visit site
By the time I've wrestled myself into waterproofs and, figuring that the dogs are going to get soaked and filthy no matter what the length of walk is, I've figured I may as well do a solid but miserable two hour walk in the morning, spend the afternoon drying out the dogs and then not have to do it again for the rest of the day, bar a few quick pee breaks. :rolleyes:

We are camping in this at the weekend, Equafleeces are on order for the dogs to wear in the car and tent, never thought I'd be dressing huskies in clothes but the thought of them getting into bed with me as soggy as they will be is filling me with dread.

horsies4coursies

Visit site
walking in woods at the moment - tried the beach yesterday and was soaked more so than i probably would have been standing in the shower with all of my clothes on :( (and i might add that was with the waterproof's on) Eithin on the other hand thinks this is great fun - and i know i couldn't get away without walking her as i'd be peeling her off the ceiling ;) - however i would appreciate it if the weather would dry up as i also work outside and am rapidly running out of clothes to wear during working hours (had to change clothes 3 times today)...... small northern irish rant over now ;)

mollichop

Visit site
I actually enjoy it - once you're wet you're wet lol - be it ten mins or 2 hours so we go for as long as normal and get soggy both ends of the day!

Towel dry and bed infront of the heater in the kitchen and the're dry by the to
E I've had a shower.

Camping BC? Christ you're hardcore! :-D we're off to a B&B in Scotland this weekend and I'm dreading having wet dogs there but guess they're used to it!

MurphysMinder

Visit site
Not walking Evie on roads due to pups, she just has several walks round fields . The pups are a nightmare, they had been getting quite good at peeing etc outside but yesterday was just too foul so I have been mopping all day :(. They had a couple of brief plays in the garden in the short dry spells but then had to be towelled off, which involved one pup being dried and 5 playing tug of war with the towel.

paulineh

Visit site
Dogs come with me regardless of the weather . Two come out with the horses ,the others two pups 8weeks and 12weeks plus my older dog get a walk in the woods.

On return they are rubbed down then fleece coats on. When they get back to the kennels I put the heat lamp on for a short while.

They all like going out and they will not be wearing coats when they go shooting with me so no coats on while out.

Spudlet

Visit site
Lots of gore-tex for me, and a dog coat for Henry! He's clipped so the bits that still get wet dry quite quickly and there is always a towel in the car. If he's wet when we get home, he gets a good rub-down, his fleece on and into his crate until he's less soggy. No problem.

lexiedhb

Visit site
Thank god i chose a short haired dog- do not envy you lot with Floofies at all.

Dex thinks the weather is GENIUS, as it creates his favourite thing in the world- puddles, he really is like a kid with wellies on, splish splash splosh- "dis one is deep I's lay down in it"

weevil

Visit site
I am so glad that my dog is A) short haired and easy to wipe clean, and B) ball-obsessed so in rubbish weather I can do a short-ish ball chucking session to tire him out.
He is also a princess and refuses to walk/run on mud (as I found at a flyball competition over easter :eek:).
Not taking him out is not an option - he would be climbing the walls but at least I can minimise our time spent out in the rain and then just make sure I do some brain games with him in the evening as well :D

Dobiegirl

Visit site
My Dobes dont like going into the garden to spend a penny when its raining but walking they are always up for it and if I didnt take them out twice a day they would be manic.

I am sick and tired of getting soaked and drying off 3 dogs, thank goodness they are short haired. Poor Pip yesterday had to swim up our lane it was that deep but she didnt mind, the Dobes just love it and were running and jumping through it.

The house looks like a Chinese laundry, apart from the normal washing the dog towel pile is getting bigger by the day.

Littlelegs

Visit site
Apart from the fact I'm sick of it, makes no difference to the dog, he always goes for a swim every day anyway, could find water to lie down in the Sahara so always drying him, luckily short haired. The fact the cat keeps going out, getting soaked then getting in the beds to dry off is more of an issue.

CL66

Visit site
My 2 hate going to pee in the rain, i have to go out with them! Love their walks though whatever the weather. I have a 3 month old bubs, so we drive to the horse field, dogs get chucked out and we sit inside nice and dry. Eventually they run round and round the car wanting to get back in (tires them out nicely!) and off we go home. Twice a day works a treat.

Taffyhorse

Visit site
Carry on as normal, though may walk for a shorter time.

Long wax, hat and wellies (leaking I might add) for me and coat for the pooch. Lots of towels, blankets, throws etc to dry dog and in a vain effort to keep sofa/floor clean.

Oh, and a glass of wine (at night obviously) helps me to ignore the fact that my house stinks and looks like it hasnt' been cleaned or hoovered for a month!

BBH

Visit site
My girls hate the rain when they see it but once out and enjoying a walk they forget they shouldn't like the rain. They were completely dry in their Equifleeces yesterday morning.

This morning I got soaked feeding the ponies, absolutely drenched and where are the girls, looking at me from the dryness of the haybarn.

Somethings not right here :eek:

Shutterbug

Visit site
Headed out this morning to do some location shooting for my Photography college course and got 10 mins of no rain before the heavens opened - got soaked again when I walked the dog, just about to get soaked again cause I have to go do the horse and its still raining :(

NikkiF

Visit site
Thank god i chose a short haired dog- do not envy you lot with Floofies at all.

Dex thinks the weather is GENIUS, as it creates his favourite thing in the world- puddles, he really is like a kid with wellies on, splish splash splosh- "dis one is deep I's lay down in it"

Lol my Maisie's the same, found a ginormous puddle this morning, more like a pond, her and her friends spent ages leaping in and out :D

I just wish I had a utility room, only a small house so wet coats dripping all over kitchen :(

Elle123

www.ellaporterphotography.co.uk
Can't wait for the really heavy raj to stop! Pix bless her with the way her eyes are just can't cope with it without her eyes getting really red. Also in the strong wind she has to stay on a lead because she loses me :( Last of all she is a bit of a princess and has been known this week to have to be physically removed off her bed and plonked in the garden as she can hear the rain outside and doesn't want to get wet!!!! ;) mums Retriever and lap doesn't mind it at all though! Though they all hate being shut out in mums conservatory to dry! ;)