How is everyone coping with the weather?

CorvusCorax

Justified & Ancient
Visit site
When it has been raining really heavily, I get the pure comedy of...

'YAY! Gonna jump in the...'

KERSPLOOSH

'er...lake...can ya get me out? Can ya stop laughing at me? Can you dry me please?'

The look on his face when the water is up to his neck as opposed to his hocks is a joy to behold....

littlemisslauren

Visit site
Today has been very scary for us :(
B has spent the day in the kennels at work (which she loves)... Problem is work is a huuuuuuuuuuge flooding area and the river is about to break free.

All day animal evacuations have been taking place with my poor little puppy sat in the 'danger zone'. Had there been any problem I could have picked her up in seconds but I was so blo*dy worried all day.

This was our last flood
flood.jpg

jasmine

Visit site
Actually I really enjoy it, with Elliot being a bit anti-social.....when it's raining the park is almost empty, even had him off the lead a few times :)

Puppy

Visit site
He is also a princess and refuses to walk/run on mud (as I found at a flyball competition over easter :eek:).

:eek: His mother would be most disappointed in him! What about his fenland genes?! :p

Mine are fine; still getting a minimum of two walks a day but I'm lucky as I can (try) and time the afternoon one for a dry spell. They had a good few hours running round at the yard yesterday, but did have to have a bath afterwards.

I'm not taking them coaching with me though. Usually I take one out with me to run alongside the bike but the towpath is just so flooded they will get their equifleece too sodden to run with. I think it helps that I'm home all day, so although they are high energy dogs, they don't go nuts from reduced exercise as they still get quite a lot of playtime to keep them stimulated.

Hedwards

Visit site
Have just carried on as normal (although have been slightly shortening the duration of some walks by walking faster than normal in driving rain!) both have a waterproof waxed coat on (Millie only wears hers so i dont have a soggy JRT at home (for a small dog, her coat seems to hold a lot of water!) Suzy is just nesh, so wears hers to keep her dry and warm!

I am very very bored with it all now though - does everyone think we'll get a summer this year or not?

Mlini

Visit site
My puppy HATES the rain, almost as much as he hates his new coat (the only thing in Pets at Home that would fit!!!:D:rolleyes:)

20120414_001.jpg

FestiveBoomBoom

Visit site
FFS it was bright blue skies and no wind this morn, merrily set off and 30 seconds later it's torrential rain again! I have go and buy some new wellies, NOW!