how is she looking?

Pixxie

Visit site
This is my 17hh 7yr old Oldenburg mare. Her breeding is Rubinero x Rubinstein xx Landgraf and hopefully my future dressage horse
She had a huge growth spurt over winter and dropped a lot of weight, her weight is now back up and muscle is coming. She will never be huge she has little bone and I know will be slow to mature but just looking for some views and opinions on where shes at :)

Ruby V

IMAG0421_zps455b2c87.jpg

tallyho!

Following a strict mediterranean diet...
Visit site
Never be huge?? At 17hh she is massive to me!!! Lol!

She is really quite lovely. Perhaps needs muscling and toning which will come with the correct work. Looks to have slight muscle wastage near the whither, saddle a wee bit too narrow perhaps? Good luck with her! :)

Pixxie

Visit site
Interesting that you mention withers tallyho her muscle is well built up either side and completely flat but agree she is lacking a little behind the wither. Saddle fitted 2 weeks ago and was fine but when she dropped over winter her topline was first to go

Thankyou for taking the time to look :))

tallyho!

Following a strict mediterranean diet...
Visit site
Yes, usually is, either that or they lose it on the bottom. If saddle was fitted two weeks ago to the frame above then hopefully, if enough room is left, the muscle will come back. It's when saddles are fitted to the condition "now" not the condition you "want" that muscle wastage continues to be a problem don't you find?

The only other thing I notice, very slightly, is that she is quite tense in her shoulders and neck. Has she had any problems with her feet or back in the past?

Pixxie

Visit site
Most definitely agree re the saddle fitting comment, they have to allow room for development or they're constantly blocking the movement.

Never had any problems in back or feet and is always complimented by the physio on the condition of her back same goes for the farrier. I spoke to the lady who used you physio her before I bought her so her whole ridden life prior to me and she said the same. So to my knowledge no, perhaps just the way she was standing at that point, she was snorting at her neighbour lol!!!