How long can you leave brushing boots on for?

Bri

Visit site
Horse needs to wear them out in the field as he is the clumsiest and most accident prone animal that exists. However he's out over night and I'm worried that 14 or so hours is too long for him to have them on?

Am I just being an idiot? :rolleyes:

natalia

Visit site
I wouldn't leave them on and never turn out in boots due to over heating. You can do a lot more harm than good!

classiclady

Visit site
My Mare is turned out in brushing boots all the time as I show her and she can be silly in the field and has knocked her front legs. I don't use neoprene boots as they can cause irritation if left on for to long. I use good quality fur lined boots but if it is too hot I won't put them on or turn out at night when it has cooled down. My mare has been wearing boots in the field now for at least 10 years with no problems with her legs. She is normally turned out at 8am and is back in for 6pm.

Ella19

Visit site
There is a risk of tendons overheating especially in hot weather and if they are hooning about! But you need to put it into perspective and if you horse is going to damage himself without them then yes it's fine to leave them on overnight.