How long do minerals take to improve a hoof?

kez1001

Visit site
As title really? I always thought you had to feed for 9 months to see the effects from top to bottom but looking back at my boys feet progression from when his shoes were first removed it does look as if the foot changed quite dramatically in just 12 weeks? Any one care to comment? Or share experience?

Leo Walker

Visit site
technically until you have a whole new hoof, but I started my boy 6 weeks before I took his shoes off. Things went horribly wrong and he ended up at horsepital! We are now 2 and a bit months down the line and things are VASTLY improved! You can see the new better hoof growing down, but thats just the hoof wall. He has much better soles and frogs and the hideous infection is cleared. His shoes came off 2 months ago and obviously that helped a lot, but the huge change in diet has helped a lot as well

maccachic

Visit site
Up to nine months for a new hoof capsule to grow. The mechanism now able to work in the hoof with the shoe removed - frog in contacte, hoof able to contract and expand and pump blood more effectively could all lead to an improvement.