How long do you soak Lucie Nuts for?

splash30

Visit site
I feed them dry - well bung them on top of speedibeet then mix in, so they soften by the time they get eaten and it works well with no issues. If necessary I put more water in. They soak down really quickly.

AngieandBen

Visit site
I've stopped feeding them now, but when I did I soaked them for at least 12 hours, they expand a lot!! would never give them dry, the're quite chunky

SS Lucie nuts I presume? they take ages to soak!

PorkChop

Visit site
I feed the Lucie Pellets as they don't take as long to soak - but in answer to your question, from memory 12 hours, and I would do a new batch each day.

amy_b

Visit site
if it is SS Lucie nuts then they MUST be soaked as per feeding instructions on the bag!!!! I used to feed them and soak for 12 hours minimum, in winter they last about 4/5 days in summer I soak daily as they go off quite quickly.

Dengie also to Alfalfa pellets which don't HAVE to be soaked and take much less time to soak if you want to, around 20 minutes.

TheMule

Visit site
They soak in hot water within 2 hours, or 6 hours in cold water. They'll last a couple of days in the cold weather but I prefer to feed mine as fresh as possible

paulineh

Visit site
I put a scoop of Lucie nuts and a scoop of Blue Grass nuts together in a big bucket and fill up with water. I soak it over night. This lasts 5 horses 2 days. Only feed this mixture during the winter.

vanrim

Visit site
amy-b how could you tell the lucie nuts had soaked for too long and gone off?

if it is SS Lucie nuts then they MUST be soaked as per feeding instructions on the bag!!!! I used to feed them and soak for 12 hours minimum, in winter they last about 4/5 days in summer I soak daily as they go off quite quickly.

Dengie also to Alfalfa pellets which don't HAVE to be soaked and take much less time to soak if you want to, around 20 minutes.

BlackRider

Visit site
I used to ask them the day before, so they where always fresh.

I used the blue bag grass nuts now as they're smaller and it says on the bag they don't need soaking.

I did once use the dengue alfalfa nuts dry (it does say you can do), and my mare got choke, so wouldn't do that again...