How long does it take ‘cut up’ (but not muddy) ground to recover?

maya2008

Visit site
Trying to make a plan for how many paddocks we should split the summer field into, so we can let them out into one, then move them off it once a bit cut up (hoof prints, the odd divot squished back in) leave to recover then rotate back round again. Have given up on waiting for it to become less wet.

Two weeks? Three?

poiuytrewq

Visit site
I'd say not long. My field isnt really muddy. It had a muddy area but the rest is more skid marks and divits. It looks significantly better having dried up a bit over the weekend.
We will roll and it will look fine after.

Follysmum

Visit site
Not long once it starts to dry up
Easter Sunday 3 of mine decided to wreck their fence and bombed around it looked awful. Within a week we managed to roll the top half and they back on it .

Ricedance

Visit site
Mines been left 3 weeks now where they were until 3 weeks ago and it’s fine, haven’t rolled it and won’t put them back til next winter because of the new shoots & sugar. Rain and sun have helped!

maya2008

Visit site
Thank you all! I’ll plan for approx 3 weeks as that seems to be the consensus. Have let ponies into the first small paddock (just for 6 hours or so a day) and it does seem to recover a bit overnight if we tread in any divots from excited playing. They are so very happy to be out on fresh grass, even for a limited amount of time!