How Long Does It Take You To Get To Your Yard

How Long Does It Tak You To Get To Your Yard

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Batgirl

Visit site
A delicious 4 mins now.

Previous horse I kept 25 mins away, was £10 a week DIY with massive field and all year round grazing, indoor school and friends.

All bar a few of us travel over 30mins to get to the yard I am at now, lovely YO, good facilities, excellent horse care (literally couldn't ask for better) and ALL lovely liveries.

Boxers

Visit site
less than a minute in the car and about three mins walking. I only take the car if I have bags of feed to take there, otherwise I walk or go on my bike.

I live in a tiny hamlet and the livery is the farm next door - pretty handy!

welshcobmad

Visit site
From Parents 20 mins
From Boyfriends 30 mins
From work 1hr 10

But having good friends on the yard to help out means alot so even though old yard was 10 mins away its better

jennywren07

Visit site
no option for me, takes me 45mins minmum(or hours depending on the m25!) tis a 40odd mile round trip. I live in London - although on the outskirts - and although i've tryed yards closer to my house i always go back to the farm. My own semi indoor stable blok with 2 stables and a tackroom plus 24/7 turnout all year if i want it. loads of dry storage and amazing hacking. Oh and its cheap!!

The only way i'll move the horses now is if i buy a house with land, in fact were looking to move closer to the horses instead!

tallyho!

Following a strict mediterranean diet...
Visit site
5 mins in car or 10 mins walk. Brill.

Never lived more than that away from a yard... always been a prerequisite of house: is there a yard within spitting distance??

tasteofchristmaschaos

Visit site
I think you need to add more options! I travel 35 mins.
The reason? I live in built up north kent. It's the only way I can truely get 24/7 turnout for my boy. Tried yards closer in the past (although the closest has still been 15 mins!) and have been told my grass livery horse HAS to come in due to rain/snow and I now HAVE to pay DIY rate and buy shavings for stable. Err...no.
It may cost me a fortune in petrol, but my boy loves the freedom of being out.

MiCsarah

Visit site
3 mins. 1.5 miles away. If I walk and go the route the dogs can go off the lead it takes me 45mins to walk but 15mins to walk the road. Love it!! Just wish it had a school :(

jennywren07

Visit site
usually only once a day as i check my friends in the morning and she does mine at night. if she's away i do them all twice a day and she overs when i'm away.

They live out and the farmer always keeps an eye out plus theres other liverys so could prob get away with once a day but we like to make sure the fence/water/rugs/ stc are checked properly twice a day

riding_high

Visit site
on a good day at a good time of day and also a good time of year then i can get to the yard in 25 minutes.
on a bad day or wrong time of year (glastonbury traffic being one problem) or wrong time of day it can take me anywhere from 1 hour to 2 hours. nightmare.

georgie0

Visit site
About 12 mins. Would love them closer but don't think we have a bad deal! Previous yard about 8 mins, moved to own yard as was sick of politics.

albeg

Visit site
Currently about 30 seconds. :p
But when he I got him first, he was in livery 35 mins away. Probably seems mad, but was the yard I learned to ride in, so had help from people I knew well and trusted.

muddygreymare

Visit site
The yard i'm at now takes about 15 minutes but that's because you have to go through the middle of town so have to contend with all the traffic. My old yard took about 10 but it was all country roads so quiet. Would prefer it a little closer but its not that bad, the yard makes up for the distance though :)