How Long Does It Take You To Get To Your Yard

How Long Does It Tak You To Get To Your Yard

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ella19

Visit site
20-30 mins of narrow steep sided country lanes and it drives me mad! I would love to have her closer but she is very happy there and was there before I moved. It's also clay this way as opposed to sand so finding grass livery or even assisted DIY is a nightmare.

claireandnadia

Visit site
For me its 30 minutes from work if the traffic is good,if not then it can be up to an hour.
From home it is 15 minutes.

Last yard was about 3 minute drive which was pretty nice and before that Nadia lived in the field just behind my flat.

icyfreya

Visit site
Takes me 15 mins, but is on the way to school, so go to yard, on to school, leave school for yard, then home, so it works out ok :) Still wish I was closer though!

Rachaelpink

Visit site
15 mins if I put my foot down and no traffic. Was 10 minutes away. Moved slightly further for the hacking, better schools and all year turnout. My horse loves going out in the field.

dumpling

Visit site
10minutes. Closer yards either have crap facilities or are full of nut jobs and bitches! Which is a shame as I have one 2minutes round the corner that I was at for 5.5years.

MiJodsR2BlinkinTite

Slopping along on a loose rein somewhere in Devon
Visit site
Um, about 10 seconds!!!!

I'm lucky enough to have my own yard attached to the house, everyone's dream, so fantastic.

In the past when I've had to have mine at a yard away from home: I've been anywhere between 10 minutes/just up the road; 20 minutes (9 miles); and the furthest was 40 minutes (22 miles) away from home. The last seemed a very long way away indeed.

FestiveBoomBoom

Visit site
30 minutes and it's the biggest ball ache. We are moving in a couple of months, never again will I travel that far so am looking at properties in relation to nice yards that are nearby!

Jingleballs

Visit site
I'm 5 miles from my yard and it takes me about 15 minutes to get there.

Would love him closer to home but would also go further if needed.

Keimanp

Visit site
Well this morning I got up at 9ish and I made it to the yard at about 1pm so about 4 hours! I got up looked out the window and they were happily eating away at their haynet and didn't run out until lunch time at which point I went down to poo pick, hay, check water and give them a fuss.

Just been out to do the evening feed.

fidleyspromise

Visit site
about 15 minutes.
I did stay closer but moved and left them on yard as thye were settled and happy.

I was on one yard that was 1 hour away and that was nuts - hence I saw pony about twice a week. She was on grass livery but yard staff kept an eye on her.

Enfys

Visit site
about 3 seconds :)
Not sure how I would cope if horses were away from home.

I wouldn't even have horses if I didn't have them at home.
Simply couldn't be doing with having to travel and keep up with yard politics anymore.

Last edited:

Garfield1537

Visit site
At present 20 min drive but with traffic at rush hour 40 mins so my lovely boyfriend has agreed to move so from Feb 1st I will be a 6 minute walk - so excited xx

Spiritedly

Visit site
It takes me about 3 minutes by car, about 6 if I bus then walk, if I walk there about 15 mins, if I walk back about 25....I live at the top of a bloomin big hill and the horses are at the bottom ( then round the corner and along the road) :)