How long for a pulled shoulder to heal?

pipper

Visit site
Horse has pulled muscles in shoulder. physio has treated last week, but still lame this morning. She is back out tomorrow for more ultra sound treatment. any idea how long this injury takes to heal??

steffielu

Visit site
Depends on type/severity of the injury. "Pulled muscle" is a vry subjective term!! Ask th ephysio if there is any exercises/stretches/massage you can do between treatments to assist recovery :).

Maesfen

Extremely Old Nag!
photobucket.com
I know we're different but it took nearly two years for my shoulder to get right and even now I get twinges, so while your horse is not human, be prepared for a fair length of time, you won't get a quick fix.

summer03

Visit site
My shetland had a pulled shoulder - thats what the vet concluded it was as the couldn't get to the bottom of what was wrong with him without sending him into the vet school for a bone scan (which for an un-insured shetland seemed quite excessive when it wasn't a life or death thing!) They put him on 3 months box rest to see if it improved which it did but he didn't come totally sound for nearly 8 months - poor wee soul but he a cheery chap so kept himself perky!

velocette

Visit site
Did you ask your physio? She would be the best person to give you a possible estimate since she has assessed and treated the injury.