How long have you been at your yard!!

Alchemy

Visit site
So how long have people been at their DIY livery yards? I have done 9 years and dread to think how much i have paid the YO!!!!:eek: scary thing is my healthy 17 year old looks like he could be there for another 10 years!!! hehe :D

babymare

Visit site
I was at yard 7 years first 5 years were great but since then yard went down hill in maintenance and also type of people moving on(quiet undesirable in many ways) and since then the good people are moving off in droves. Shame as was a really lovely yard :(

NativePonyLover

Visit site
Almost two years at my current yard. Pete's very happy there, so no desire to move.

I think it was four years at my previous yard - I only moved away as my first horse got put down & it just didn't suit Pete's needs. I loved it though!

MrsNorris

Visit site
Only 3 weeks at this one, so early days still, but so far its great, lovely people, fantastic hacking and a school to boot!

Kikke

Visit site
3.5 years, happy enough where we are. Sure if it was my yard I would change............ But really can't complain and the horses are happy what more would we want!

Mrs B

Visit site
13 years next Spring. Before that, 4 years but sadly they sold up; rented a field for a while before that, and before THAT was at our own yard.

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
Three years at this yard & cannot see any reason why I'd want to move. It's got everything we need & the owners are great. The only thing wrong with it is it isn't ours. ;)

Kadastorm

Visit site
Haha well...i recently moved from a yard i had been at for 7yrs, been at current one for 8weeks and im leaving in two weeks to go to another, mainly due to financial reasons.

meesha

Visit site
Bought my own place 8 years ago - best thing I ever did - have just worked out I would have paid (based on £20 per week per horse) a minimum for my 2 on diy livery of £16640 in that time - yes I am paying the land etc off as part of mortgage and have to pay for muck to be taken away and land maintenance but all worth it so far !

AmiRobertson

Visit site
1week and leaving on Friday. The one before 3months but dizzy was put to sleep there and it no longer suited saffy or me lovely yard though. The one before 9 months it was my first yard and loved it for a while but things went down hill. Hoping the new one is the right one!!!

Greylegs

Visit site
I've been there 6years 5months and this is my 4th horse who's lived there. Had an old boy pts, sold a mad youngster, bought a nice WB and lost it to colic and now have the hairy highland. YOs have been terrific throughout and wouldn't move unless I absolutely had to. Love it.

xgemmax

Visit site
6 months but moving next month. Its great in the summer just not practical in winter as we have no school so I wouldn't be able to ride in the winter

susi

Visit site
2 1/2 months. its a lovley yard but cant see it being longer term. before that they were at home (9 years) 1 year DIY then took them home. before that 3 years in the best yard ive ever been in. it had everything and th epeople were just lovley. i only moved as i moved abroad.

prior to that i moved about a fair bit as i moved areas for work quite a lot. thankfully my lot love moving :)

susi x

Hexx

Visit site
1 year in the first yard - was a first time horse owner, and left when I realised it was a cr*p yard!
1 year in the second yard - left because it closed and moved to the YO's second yard as she was downsizing
3 years in third yard - left because YO (took over from old YO from second yard) did something unforgiveable, I was off the yard within 2 days of it happening
8 years at this current yard - it has a few issues but the people and the hacking make up for it's faults.

All with the same horse!!

skint1

Visit site
10 years at farmer's yard with my friend, had a few other liveries come and go but its now really run down and probably going to be demolished for housing in next few years so its just us. started with pony on full loan from my friend, then we went and bought our first horse, we moved that horse to another friend's yard for 9 months, didn't really work out for us there so we moved to a bigger DIY yard where we've been ever since (about 4 years) at some point we sent 1st horse back to the farm and bought a second horse, then I bought a horse of my own but always at the 2 yards, both of which are really nice, we are lucky!

Costypop

Visit site
Ohh god this is going to sound bad, I've a fair few moves over the past few years but then I've had a lot of personal issues and 4 changes of horse all with very different needs

Yard 1: 2 years, left because horse was sold as I was pregant

Yard 2: 1 year, lovely to start with but horse was an idiot so went back to the owner. Brought something utterly different and then decided I needed a school/better hacking

Yard 3: 3 months kept on getting broken into, owners not interstered

Yard 4: 2 years great place, only left as horse was sold and my health was very poor

Back to yard 1: 2 years, great place, lovely people. Had much fun but new horse was a wild rescue when I got him, left as needed better facities

Back to yard 4: intend to stay for a good while.

I have only ever wanted to use yards 1 and 4 but they get increditablity busy yard 1 now has a 3 year waiting list, I think I would of never used yards 2 and 3 if there had been space at my chosen places

Ladyinred

Visit site
11 years! eeek doesn't time fly!

Prior to that we were at a very smart yard but it wasn't very happy, much backbiting and YM is known by everyone locally as Mrs Hitler. We were there a year before moving to a farm livery where we have been blissfully happy ever since.