how long have you had your horse/pony?

Tiffany

Visit site
I've had my girl 10 years and I still remember the day I went to see her as if it was yesterday. We've had our ups and downs but I love her to bits. :)

MrSpam

Visit site
I had mine 30 years. He was my PC horse, we spent a summer at Waterstock in the 80s, he was a reliable hunter and in his old age a great hack, accompanying my children. He was also used by the local agricultural college, whilst I was at uni. I rode him until he was 32 and he was PTS last year after an accident in the field. Crazy appaloosa x, but he just loved people.

LizzieJ

Visit site
I've had my hunter 15 years, my tb 14 years and my old pony who was pts 18 months ago 32 years :) I have had a lot of horses/ponies in my time but only sold about 3 of them :eek: and they were very outgrown ponies who were competing at a decent level.

UnaB

Visit site
Charlie I have had 15 years as of 3rd June this year :) He is 19 years old.

255769_10150202177397466_642792465_7393249_6567272_n.jpg

Una I will have had 5 years in September, she is 6 years old :)

292884_10150266816482466_4516596_n.jpg

And little Ava I have had 4 weeks and she is.... 4 weeks old :D

389743_10150872091652466_665128990_n.jpg

Chestersmummy

Visit site
I have had my gelding on loan for 18 months. I am saving to buy him as I couldn't imagine not having him despite how naughty he is. My mare I have had on loan for 27 days. Shes a star.

MagicMelon

Visit site
I've still got my very first ponies, a 13.2hh who came with his shetland companion. He was 5 and the shetland was 3 when we bought them. They're now 25 and 23! The sad thing is they've always hated each other and have ended up spending their whole lives together like some unhappy married couple! I'll never sell them.

My grey is 14 and I got him when he was 5. Cant believe its been so long but we've come so far together, I owe him a lot! He's now broken so I'll likely be keeping him for the rest of his days too.

Tank_08

Visit site
Well mums horse we've had about 2 years,
picture.php

Little pony we've had about 4 years, and he has been an angel!
picture.php

and her first off-the-lead-rein show,
picture.php

and then we've had my Tank since novemeber,
picture.php

picture.php

sorry for pic overload... you asked :D

thinkitwasjune

Visit site
Coloured cob - 8 years :D She is the most awfully moody mare I have ever met but we have had such fun together, wouldn't sell her for the world!

Ex racer - nearly 2 months now, he is currently off as he is getting a splint and is a bit sore on it but he is such a dude :) Assuming that he continues to behave, he will have a home for life. Have only had one other horse which was totally unsuitable and I battled on for a year and a half before caving and selling him; not an experience I want to repeat!

Bright_Spark

Visit site
Photo overload time sorry :eek::D

Gypsy - had her for 20 years (PTS March 2008 aged 30ish)
535546_322629081125464_100001351250337_806917_480203132_n.jpg

Sceptre - owned for 19 years, bred her out of Gypsy and was PTS last year :(
Sceptre16.jpg

Amber - owned for almost 6 years
Amber88.jpg

Binky - have owned him for 4 years
Binky21.jpg

Blossom - have owned for almost 2 years
Blossom44.jpg

TelH

Visit site
I've had Riva for 11 years, Lulu for 10 years, Jazmyn for 9 years, Elspeth for 3 years, Maud and Izzy for 2 years and Harold since he was born (he will be 2 in August) :)

Firewell

Visit site
Iv'e had mine 2.5years. I loved him the moment I saw him but I adore how the bond just gets stronger and stronger the longer they are owned.

My horse before that I had for 4.5yrs, would have kept her for longer but she was PTS and the two before that were in my family for 18 and 20 years before they died of old age.

My horse means everything to me, I tell him every day he is my sunshine and he is! He always brightens up my day :).

I have had the odd horse in between that I kept for less than a year but they weren't right for whatever reason, a goodun however stays in our family forever!

zaminda

Visit site
The pony has been with me coming up 17 years, often out on loan teaching the ropes to another child. Mindles has been with me coming up 12 years, and the new one has been with me nearly 10! I feel the need to go horse shopping, but I tend to only add to the herd!

debsg

Visit site
I have had Blaze for 7 1/2 years and Jasmine since she was born 5 1/2 years ago :)
Marygold is my new horse and she will be coming some time in early July.

mga4ever

Visit site
The old man has been with us for 30 years,little tic has been with us 21 years and the "new" boy has been with us 10 years in September.

Lgd

Visit site
I've owned Peri for 19 years, bought as an unbacked 4yo, although I actually trained her from being a foal as I showed her in-hand for the breeder and fell in love. She's had a fantastic competitive career and produced three beautiful foals for me. Now pretty much a lady of leisure.

Tavia was also bought as a 4yo and will have had her 13 years in September.

Belle, my 6yo is homebred and I delivered her myself :D
Fly, the 2yo is B's full brother.

Vandal is 7 weeks old today (Tavia's foal) but he is already provisionally sold.

LittleMouse

Visit site
Leanne/Pip - she looks great!

I've had my boy about 15 years now - he is utterly fab (he has to be, to put up with me!) and he brings out my childish side...

Please ignore sticky out strap on the nose part of his headcollar!

I'm so sorry this is so huge! If anyone can help me resize, I'll happily shrink it down...

haha that face....hes like "seriously??? your doing this???" :p x

Nightmare before Christmas

Visit site
just wondering really :) ive had mine for 5 years this ocotober!!! (wow thats gone fast!)
i dont really understand how people can get a new horse every year because they want a "better" one. surely you need to bond/work with a horse to get the best from it...unless of course you a trainer or something hahah x
anyway - not judging, just wondering xxx
:)
(picuters very welcome - the picture in my sig was the first week i had him it think )

Had my mare 4 years, would sell her but no one seems to be able to ride her so shes going in foal.

Had my 4 year old a few months, will keep him till I out jump him.

Crugeran Celt

Visit site
Had my TB/Sect D for 19 years on 16th July, since the day she was born had her mother for 12 years before that. Also have my Sect D Cob that I bought 5 years ago and also my two miniatures which I bought last October. Have also had an Arab that was bought as an 8 year old and she died at the good old age of 34. Never sold one yet did try to sell the cob as he isn't doing much but he has a few issues, bless him so decided he will stay here as wouldn't want him passed from home to home due to his strange behaviour. So glad you are enjoying your horse OP and I agree would find it very difficult to sell and buy new but we are all different.

aimsymc

Visit site
I lost my beautiful girl last year after 12 years together (broken leg) :(

Had my lovely "new" girl for just over a year now, shes the one im riding in my avatar pic. Really like her but shes got big boots to fill!!

Last edited:

Fools Motto

Visit site
Mare Owned for 12 years this october, and Filly 2 years this September.
Old pony we had for 20 years, she was PTS last summer aged 24.