How long to get results from cushings test

Dontforgetaboutme

Visit site
I had a blood test taken from my 24 year old mare to get tested for cushings. Still haven’t got results after 3 weeks. I’ve chased the vets twice, am I being overly impatient?

Jayzee

Visit site
I usually get my clients results back to them within a week hopefully faster (usually 2/3) but depends on the lab and when the results are sent in. Have you rung the vet or the office of the practice?

Dontforgetaboutme

Visit site
If you held off paying the vet bill until they are back, I'm sure your results would be back pronto. I wonder if they have lost it or forgot to post it.
This is what I was thinking but if that’s the case why not admit it. I’m not going to pay for something haven’t got results for. Twice the office said the vet would call me back. Is more routine check due to her age but still!

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
I don’t have to wait to wait for the vet to interpret the results as Liphook do that, so the receptionist can give them to me over the phone or by email.

Do chase it up, it sounds like the samples or the results have gone missing and may need to be re done, or possibly they were filed sideways and could be found if you kick up a bit of a fuss.

Theses are my results from bloods taken last week, as given by vet receptionist, not vet:

Ref range 23.0-40.0
Horse 1 on 1.5 tablets/day returned 23.1 pg/ml good control
Horse 2 on 1.0 tablets/day returned 17.0 pg/ml v.good control
Horse 3 screening test only, not on Prascend, 15.7 pg/ml no concerns.

Had any of the results suggested a need for a dosage review then a direct discussion with the vet would be needed, but not when nothing changes.

poiuytrewq

Visit site
Another about 2/3 days. Shouldn't take long.
If you have a Care about Cushings account log in and see if the results are there. Maybe it's just the vets holding things up for whatever reason?