How long to poo pick ?

Polos Mum

Visit site
Evening all,

quick one, roughly how long each week would it take you to poo pick 2 fields (small - c.0.5 acres each) 1 with 1 16hh in it and the other with 17.1, 14.2 and 8hh mini. Fields open onto tarmac drive and muck heap is at the bottom of the drive so 250m from one field and prob 350m from the second. Horses out 24/7 most of the time.

New job, new house that needs full refit, new yard that hasn't had any maintenance for 10+ years so I've run out of time and have asked around for some help - interested to know how long is fair.

MotherOfChickens

MotherDucker
Visit site
no more than 2-3 hours/week especially if you have a 160l wheelbarrow.. much harder to do in a one than to split it although then there's travel time. Last year I would get someone in to do my three-muck heap was close, 90mins tops provided it was kept on top of (3 on 2 acres)

Last edited:

Polos Mum

Visit site
Thanks all, I do, I guess, 30 mins a couple of nights and maybe an hour at the weekend (would be quicker if I did it in one go) - thought 2 hours would be plenty

Been asked to pay 2 hour 5 days a week - felt steep - she offered to do other jobs, I guess she just wants to make it worth her while doing. Who wants a job that's 2 hours a week??