How many chances do you give your farrier??

I LOVE Football?

• Total voters

kayleigh_and_rocky

www.kayleigh-nicholls.piczo.com
My farrier is absolutely perfect! Thing is when i hear people talk about him they say hes unreliable, never returns calls or texts and is always late, but with me hes never ever been late, has always turned up, always replies to my texts within like a minute and always picks up when i call...and hes v fit too lol

riotgirl

Visit site
I love my farrier! He has spent a lot of time with my girl getting her ok to shoe. I got her as a 9 year old and she had never had a farrier near her so the first time he came to trim and put fronts on it took him nearly 3 hours
blush.gif
. I wouldn't have blamed him if he hadn't bothered coming again, especially as I'm not on a yard so there is only me.

When he does come he only specifies AM or PM and because he only comes and does me I ring well before she needs doing so he can fit me in on the way to one of the yards he goes to.

RobinHood

Visit site
My farrier is fab, he's happy to take my horse out of the stable and do him if no-ones's there, he even changed my horse's rug once because it was raining outside and he didn't want the stable rug to get wet
laugh.gif
He trims one of my horses for free but I don't feel quilty because he gets 4 x £60 every 6 weeks. He has often replaced lost shoes at 6am in time for competitions/hunting etc but in exchange we always pay him in cash.

Capriole

Visit site
years ago my old farrier retired and i tried a replacement, who came on the yard and immediately grabbed hold of my neds nose so he couldnt breathe (showing him who was boss apparently) then complained to me when the ned reared up and tried to do him in. i told him to sod off of my yard but he beat up his dog in his van first.

not_with_it

Visit site
My farrier used to be fantastic, he would always show up on time, was reasonably priced and would come at the drop of a hat to put a shoe back on. Recently though he has not been so good, he upped his price when he wanted to take her back shoes off but I wanted them keeping on, he turns up late and is grumpy to people. Im only still with him as he knows his stuff and is very knowledgeable. I do know that he has lost quite a few clients recently.

Twiglet

Visit site
OK, i had to say the first one but I don't want to marry him!!

He's always early, and turns up at short notice - ocassionally the early thing gets annoying as he gets there before me and shoes my horse before I can get back from work.

Is fab with the horses, very approachable, and takes the time to explain what he's doing and why.
Also spent 20 mins on the phone to my vet a fortnight ago, discussing my horse's problem and what he thought we should be doing about it.