How many do the same?

Nayumi1

Visit site
I have an office job, it is a boring office job. I end up sat here thinking about everything horse, wishing I had a job outdoors on a farm! At lunchtime I am straight on the forum! Anyone else do the same?

On the plus side I will be riding Miss Tia tonight so that should help recover from the boredom of data entry :D

Pinkvboots

Visit site
I used to hate working indoors full time so I got the opportunity to just do half a day of each and it worked brilliantly for years, my partner and I had our own business so I would do the afternoons there and work at a stables in the mornings I am very lucky now as I work from home so get to play ponies whenever I like and occasionally do some work lol!

I would love to do some yard work now but my back just wont stand up to the work involved I think I knackered myself early on in life mucking out 15 + stables most days.

MuffettMischief

Visit site
I used to do similar to Pinkvboots! worked office until 8-3 pm then went and worked on a private yard until 5.30/6. It all got a bit much for me with 3 of my own too so I gave it up after 3 years and am now in the office full time. Days like today (sun shining!), I wish I worked there again as I used to exercise lovely horses in beautiful countryside. But I have to say I don't miss it in the winter! I'm not sure if it would have been so bad if I did horses first then office but sitting in a warm office on cold/wet winters day, then having to go outside in it was not fun!

Nayumi1

Visit site
I think it’s the data entry boring me to tears. I come from country life in Australia and being in an office here in the U.K. is hard for me! On the plus side I work good hours so it makes up for it.

Hannahgb

Visit site
I used to work outside full time, the first winter in the office was heaven! I now work 8-4 in the office full time. I sort my horses before work and fit in a walk or a run too. Then back to the yard after work, this way I appreciate both. Look forward to the office chair after running rounf all morning! haha

AFB

Visit site
Every day, although the reality of working with horses doesn't inspire me either (winter feels like a slog with one, never mind full time) so I suck it up and appreciate the decent wage at the end of the month!