how many horses did you look at...

Capriole

Visit site
how many horses did you look at before buying?

im looking for a new one and im already so bored by ads, and trying to find things i'd like to look at...

6103claire

Visit site
I looked at about 4 before i found the right one and rang up about loads. It was a nightmare as most of them werent as described by advert or phone! One was even lame when i got there - they wouldnt have it either even though it was obvious! In fact the one i got i rang up about and didnt bither with, then thought about it and decided to go anyway and she turned out to be just what i was after!

Capriole

Visit site
ive went to see one not long ago and it was at least a hand smaller than advertised, i hate buying horses (love the 'actually having' the horse, hate the process)

SteveGG

Visit site
None really.
My first horse was bred by our YO and I decided that I liked the look of him whilst he was being backed.
As for my current horse the YO simply handed me a video & said take a look at that - I wasn't even planning on buying a new horse & I had bought her within the week !

I_A_P

Visit site
when i bought my first pony she was the first, before i bought millie probably a good 10 or so and not one single one of them had been descrivbed properly, every one had a issue, or was really unerweight or not ell looked after etc, even though we had a budget of 4000-5000,

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
We looked at loads of ads in papers, magasines & on the net when we were looking to buy a horse. We were very lucky he was actually the second one we went to see. He was taller than the advert said but he had a temperament to die for & we could see his potential so we bought him. We've never looked back & he's fulfilling the potential we saw now.

There was an instant connection with him, there was no doubt in our minds he was the one we wanted.....fortunately he flew through 5 stage vetting. He's now got a home for life & we couldn't be happier:)

That's him, bottom left in my signature
grin.gif

Capriole

Visit site
*I bought the horse in the stable opposite my loan horse. Didn't even leave the yard.*

now thats just jammy
smile.gif

jumpthemoon

Visit site
I looked at 4 but i rang up about loads before buying. I had a good idea what I wanted and quite strict criteria so it was easy to find out on the phone that the horses wouldn't be suitable. Having said that, the first 3 weren't what I was after. It is a nightmare buying horses - I must admit, most of my horses are just sort of 'acquired', it's just my latest one that I spent some time looking for.

rach1984horse

Visit site
I never looked. I gave up looking when I started riding Rosie, then bought her as soon as I waqs offered her for sale. Bought Fiadh from the same lady. I have known her since the day she was born and think she's always been destined to be mine.

Mickeymoo

Visit site
I looked at 11 but only rode 2 as the rest were nothing like the description in the ad. Turned mine down 3 times as he was too expensive for what he was, but then went back and did a deal.

Petrie

Visit site
I have two horses atm, the first was the 3rd or 4th I looked at, and thank goodness he was 'the one' as it took 5 hours to get to Wales to see him!

My other horse must have been about number 15 or 20, took about 6 months, travelled the country, had two that failed the vet, and then found 'the other one' half an hour down the road!

I wanted a 16.2 bay 6 - 8 year old, lightweight event/dressage prospect, well schooled on the flat and over jumps. Ended up falling in love with a 17.1 Hanovarian 4 yr old chesnut with 3 white stockings who'd only be backed 3 months before and had never jumped!!

They're both lovely, and I'm very happy with them. Phew!

izzyxxx

Visit site
i looked at two and then payed out for number 3 bless her the two i looked at were from a riding school so i thought that was the best bet.

i wanted a heavy weight traditional coloured cob about 14.2 and between 5-9yrs old.
came home with a spotty 13.3hh 3year old lol
crazy.gif
which turned out to be the best thing i ever did
grin.gif

with the new one i went to veiw her and she was home by the afternoon so not really had any problems

Capriole

Visit site
my old geezer was the first horse i saw when i bought him, my excuse for buying a weanling colt when i had never backed a horse myself before, is that i was just a kid
smile.gif

my mother gave me such a slap when i went home and told her i bought a foal, lol

(edit to say, he's 20 now, and mums just about come round to liking him
smile.gif
)

XmisshorsestyleX

Visit site
I wasnt even looking when I brought mine, I was exercising her for the owner and he said he wanted to sell her, but he would cut me a deal if i wanted her..
I wanted something 15hh+ that could jump up to 1.10, show me the ropes from riding naughty ponies for so long!!

... Now I have a 14.1hh Gypsy cob mare, with a cheeky temperment to go with it. currently being reschooled!! I must just love the ponies!!

Quarrybank

Visit site
When I bought Q, I went to Ireland for 2 days & saw/tried 12 & came home with him.
I wasn't buying another one but always look through the adds
grin.gif
Spider was in Dorset (I'm in Essex!!) I kept going on about how lovely he looked/ sounded & i was persuaded by a friend to go & look at him. He'd been broken for 5 weeks & was perfect, so I had him vetted & bought him. So technically first one I looked at & def no regrets
grin.gif

TheBlackMoth

Visit site
I am looking now - we have looked at loads of advertisements and looked at three so far.

It is just so hard - I am now officially having a nervous breakdown.

The other two we have were both the fourth one we looked at!

EmmaChal

Visit site
Looked at a fair few from private sellers but most I tried where at the same dealer's yard over a couple of months-eventually Paris came in, tried him over a couple of days and had him home by the end of the week.

harrihjc

Visit site
none, parents wouldn't let me look for a horse, I just seemed to end up with both of mine, One was brought on to the yard for another girl on trial, she was a nightmare and in such a state we couldn't bare to send her back. The other was being ridden by a family friend, and we met him and fell in love when we went to visit them.