How many horses does everyone have?

What month were you born in

• Total voters

_jetset_

Visit site
Just wondering how many horses you all have... I have one but am getting another on loan very soon (but will be three in March when Han's foalie comes
crazy.gif
)

vic07

Visit site
have 6 - 2 youngsters, 3 eventers and 1 dressage horse. They get at least 2 days off per week. Hence why 2 must go as this isn't sustainable with a full time job!

Zebedee

Visit site
Five in total of my own. One away learning to be a show jumper, and three grazing in my charge, making seven at home (four mine plus the three) & one away.
All breeding / youngstock at home at the moment bar one, so no don't ride them all (thank goodness!)

jewel

Visit site
3 one is old so retired. a shetland pony for my daughter and a yearling so i have some thing to ride when my daughter starts schoo

katiejaye

Visit site
One! I'd love more but just don't have the money! I ex him every day except one that my trainer schools him (gives me a day off). I'm always intrigued at how other people with full time jobs manage more than one horse? I'd love to consider buying no. 2 some time next year but worry that it could get too much.

pocket

Visit site
I did have three, but over the past 18 months, I have gone down to one
frown.gif

My two year old kicked me in the face last April and caused a fractured mandible, so when I had to move stables, he was sold as I did not trust him any more. Then at Christmas my beloved Flyer (palomino) died of a heart attack.

I used to ride/lunge each horse daily (except the baby - he was walked out ect). Now I ride/hack daily or twice a day if I'm feeling energetic
grin.gif

Poor Ralph doesn't know what has hit him
grin.gif

Tia

Visit site
I think I have 13 horses of my own right now. I ride almost every day and will ride 2 or 3 of them generally. Once in a while I have a blitz and ride 6 or 7 of them....but that doesn't happen too often. I don't really need to exercise mine myself though as others do it for me
grin.gif

Parkranger

Visit site
Just the one for me - and he's enough hard work!

Luckily got a few able girls on the yard without horses so I try and get someone else to ride him twice a week now to give him variation of rider....and give my butt a rest!

pottamus

Visit site
I have one and ride him 6 days a week in summer and 5 in winter. I am a one horse person and like to put all my time and effort into one...I don't think he would appreciate my attention on another horse anyway! LOL!

JAK

Visit site
We have 4 ponies but they are divided between the 3 girls!

Ride most days, except Friday evenings, whch is their busiest martial arts/gymnastics night of the week! (The girls that is, not the ponies! lol)
smile.gif

Kelly1982

Visit site
I have one of my own but ride another (i do everything with her though so its like she is more or less mine i just dont pay for her he he).

To be honest i dont really get time to ride both of them everyday as i work full time up London so my mare takes priority and Ellie gets fitted in at weekends and when i get a bit of spare time. Wish i did have time to fuss over her and ride her more though but i dont
frown.gif

sallyf

Visit site

At the last count 11, 2 stallions that are lunged and go in the field. 4 broodies who just slob about in the field, 3 foals and 2 yearlings all out in the field until sold.
So hopefully a few less this winter.

susan_w

Visit site
I have a total of 3. Mars, who is my daughters grade b showjumper, Joey, who I've got to sell, but don't want to, boo hoo, and Rusty, who was Megs first pony, who we've now loaned to the riding school - bless him, he's about 23 now, and his muzzle is all grey (he's chestnut), but he has a real aversion to being stabled, so put him in a stable, and he's like a 2 year old!!

sojeph

Visit site
I have 6 ATM. My 2 cobbies that are ridden as and when. Daughters pony ridden as and when. Kids old lead-rein pony (retired), midi shettie (pet) and rescue pony (temporarily homed!!)

lillie07

Visit site
I have 3, my pony Chess is out on loan, I ride my Mare Megan 4 days a week and compete her 1/2 days a week and Bailey (is turned away at the mo) but normally ridden 5/6 times a week and I work full time!! And not forgetting Esme my old mare (I loaned her didnt own her but count her as mine) who is in foal.
grin.gif