How many hours a week do you work?

amycamycamyc

Visit site
hours worked- on average i reckon about 55hrs/wk

shifts- 7am-5.30 pm in theory, but often a bit later in the eves. Mon-Fri.

how do i fit it in?
I don't currently! But i am intending to buy in the near future, and she/he will be on full livery and I will be getting a sharer to ride a few times during the week. We have a floodlit indoor school

what do i do?
I'm an equity analyst in the city - which means I spend a lot of time talking to the likes of DiamondSR(!).

V1NN

Visit site
i work 40 - 48hrs a week depending if i work a day off or not i'm a postie i work 6am - 2.20pm i usually leave my house at 5.30am
we work that when we are finished our round we get to go home.
i'm generally finished my round about 1.30pm
smile.gif

my horse is in my village a 2min walk away from my house so if i had to do him in morning it wouldnt be a problem but the yo is so kind they chuck feed into him and open his door to the field every day.
then i sort his bed about 2pm ish check they are all ok go home for a bit and back up about supper time.
My horse is only rising 2 so no riding yet and in summer he will be 24hr turnout. best of luck with your new job x

GypsyGirl

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
And how do you fit work around the horses? The only way I can do it is because my horses all live out 24/7/365 (I believe that's best for them anyway) and they don't get stressed out when I visit them at erratic times, as that is what they're used to.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gypys out 24/7/365 aswell! She loves it - We dont have stables either but we can use the ones down the road if its an emergency - but I tried to put Gypsy in a stable a year ago as she used to be in one for years before she came to me and she tried to jump out lol! Shes had a taste of the great outdoors and now theres no putting her in a stable lol xxx

amandaco2

Visit site
How many hours a week do you work? between 16- 50 hours depending on shift

Whats your shift pattern? either 8-5 mon to fri or on call nights 5pm-8am with days off.

And how do you fit work around the horses? YO brings her in or puts out if i ask her so its ok.

TelH

Visit site
I have my ponies at home and I work from home too
laugh.gif
I work for an internet based data marketing company, I have a set number of hours each month, of which I would say approx 25% must be done within office hours, the rest I can do whenever I like, as long as it gets done. At this time of year I tend to do a bit every day including weekends but come summer I will do more in the week and less at weekends cos I will be out showing again
smile.gif

Ali2

Visit site
37.5 hours a week.

We work flex so have to be there between 10 and 4 but how we make up hours outside the core period is entirely up to us. I work slightly over each day and have every other Friday afternoon off
smile.gif

Our horse is a 3 minute walk from home so we do all the jobs in the morning. Usual winter routine is he stays in with a net and my friend puts him out at about 9:30 and brings in at about 3:30. Then we finish up and ride in the evening.

In the summer I'll probably ride in the morning then put him out myself do jobs and start/finish work later.

I'm a Scientist for a pharmaceutical company.

Paint it Lucky

Visit site
Roughly 50 hours a week, over 5 and a half days.

I am a full time groom so though I get to spend all day with horses, which i love, it is quite tiring!

I get up at 5.30am to go and feed, muck out and turn out my horse who is at DIY near my house. Then drive to work for 6.50, stay there until approx 4.30. Drive back to horse, ride him, put to bed etc then go home. Also keep my other horse at yard where I work so tend to ride him in my lunch break.

Sussexbythesea

Visit site
Paid for 37 but often do 45 and occasionally more. Do not ever get overtime. Sometimes if I have a meeting in Birmingham I will leave at 5.30am and get home about 8pm its about an 8 - 9 hour round trip (15hr day). Either that or stay overnight the night before which means I lose a pony riding evening so prefer to do extra long day and only lose one night.

Also have to travel to London quite a lot - a four hour round trip usually a 12 hour day. I manage people currently in Bedford and Plymouth so have to go to there place at least once or twice a year otherwise meet centrally.

Do have flexi-time so can start early / late and fit in riding that way and can work from home as have laptop an Connect 2 (so no snow days!) But can only claim one day off in flexi a month even if worked twice that in overtime.

Horse has to be on part-livery as hours too long and unpredictable.

Work for a Government Agency - its not all sitting round drinking cups of tea
tongue.gif
grin.gif

ofcourseyoucan

Visit site
if i worked a 37.5 hour week i would think i was on holiday!!!! i start around 6.30 to 7 am and work thru til 7 ish at night 7 days a week, some days much later!! the jpys of being self employed and i havent had a holiday in 3 years!

_daisy_

Visit site
I work full time (42hrs). My office opening hours are 9-5 but normally there earlier than 8. then theres travel on top of that which is roughly 30 mins each way (on a normal day, easy 1hr in bad weather like atm)
luckily i have my own place not far from home and all my girls live out 24/7 so I check them before I go to work - do feeds/water etc, then do further checks/ride after work - unless its really hot then I ride in a morning, just get up earlier.

JoBo

s11.photobucket.com
I work 40 hours a week, but its flexi, so no fixed hours. I tend to have my lessons in the weekday, so just nip in and out (I work where the horses are), great for the winter when it’s dark in the evening.
Oh and I make ignition systems for Classic Motorbikes.

WelshD

Visit site
Firstly I dont have horses but do have lots of animals

I work 37.5 hours a week officially but there can be late evenings

I also have a 160 mile daily commute

I keep my animals in a field and stables behind my house, I spend an hour in the mornng checking everything, mucking out and feeding etc before I leave for work - at this time of year this means doing it when its dark outside so a good torch and lighting at the stables is essential (ours is solar lighting which works quiite well) then either my husband or I need to do it all again in the evening

ts been especially trying in the cold weather as the drinkers freeze up and need checking 3 times a day (I check twice hubby checks once)

Janette

Visit site
8 - 4.30/5 pm ish... I'm a teacher and work hours are influenced by time of year and job demands. eg, Christmas needs longer hours (performances, preperations etc) , Summer has lots of extra paper work, reports, infromation transfer etc. as well as parents evenings, Twilight training sessions, staff meetings and so on.

So I'm at work for aprox 45 hours a week but that is a minimum really.

Torryvald

Visit site
I work 35 hours a week and have fleixble working. I generally do 9-5 Monday to Saturday though.

I have a 40 minute commute each way and my horse is DIY about 5 miles away from my house. The lady I share with brings him in for me and then I do the last evening check around 6pm

I work in science/ environmental protection.