How many lessons do you hav a week/month?

jessikaGinger

Visit site
i have a fairly green 6/7yro mare
she has been having lessons (intructor riding) for 4weeks now and she's coming on leaps and bounds
she has one a week @ £30 for 1 hour

i can afford ths for another month or so but then i 'may' need to change to bi weekly

so how often do you/yours have lessons? im not the best of rider's but i can try and keep her practicing what she has learnt until the instructor comes again

Supertrooper

Visit site
Once a fortnight for half an hour, £12.50 and then prob one a week with a friend who will take payment by either letting her ride him or chocolate ;-)

ellie_e

Visit site
I have loads!!! Normally go to a riding club lesson once a week £10 (jumping), plus then have at least 1 dressage lesson (normally 2) a month at £20, then go to clinics (showjumping) £35-45 depending who clinic is with once a month, and manybe every other week go for a shared lesson with my mum £22

ihatework

Visit site
I try on the whole to have 2 private dressage and 1 private showjump a month.
These are topped up with the odd group/pair/ RC session or camp type thing, SJ & XC.
I work on an average training budget of £150 a month

Silver-Moon

Visit site
I have a 4 1/2 yo who i have lessons on once a week (no fee, just help my RI look after her girls :D) and one a fortnight on big hoss (again no fee, just chocolate, letting RI ride big hoss, and helping with her girls...lucky me) but I am aiming for RC this year so suspect that here will be an increase in training budget that is currently set a zero!!

bumblelion

Visit site
It depends really. If there's something me and my horses are struggling with, then once a week at £30 an hour. Otherwise once a month just to keep me in check!!

samsbilly

Visit site
I just about manage one every 6-8 weeks. £45 for an hour. Trying to have a few more but Only due to hubby being away and less petrol and food to pay out for x

rowy

Visit site
varies a lot.
Generally have about 2-3 a month. Not all with one horse though, have maybe 2 with one horse and 1 with the other one month and then opposite next month. Costs £15 for 45minutes.
I generally have a lesson when I think I have accomplished all homework from previous week and I think my horse has made an improvement or if I get stuck in a rut and need some pointers.

Buds_mum

Visit site
One half hour a lesson a week on my 4yr old, my RI comes to us, its £14 and we're coming on leaps and bounds. Chuffed atm tbh :)

jessikaGinger

Visit site
i think i may ask if we can have 30mins once a week as we will only ever be happy hackers with a bit of schooling here and there

Some of you must be loaded :D

Shutterbug

Visit site
I have a one hour lesson every week with my regular instructor and also a one hour lesson with another instructor who is slightly more expensive once a month or so.

roanwitch

Visit site
Every other week, 1/2 hour. My instructor is brilliant, can't praise him enough for putting up with me. I've so much more confidence, therefore my boy is going really well.

HDPE

Visit site
In an average 'at home' week I have 2 one hour lessons: 1 for each horse, then sometime I'll have state camp or something similar and have 4 lessons a day for a few days (tired ponies - and me! - after those!)
I alternate trainers each week, so see each one fortnightly, and one charges 90aud per lesson, the other 105 (about £60 - £70 I think)

diddydavies

Visit site
I have a 'young' 7 yr old and I am a bit rusty so between us we have 3 - 1/2 hr lessons a week @ £8 a time. He has at least 1 lesson without me which has made all the difference and find we have both come on loads. Will continue as long as I can.:D

dollymix

Visit site
I have an hour lesson for £20 once a week. We vary flat and jumping.
Plus I also pay her to ride my ID mare if I am away at an event (I take photos) at around £15 for half an hour.
However, my instructor is fab and quite often goes over the time without charging for more

Lolo

Visit site
Al has almost weekly lessons, anywhere between 30 and 90 minutes (depending on what mood Reg is in and what the goals were) costing £30. They don't compete as often as lots of others do though- its 2 rounds SJ, and Al is very happy to have a lesson instead!

maxine1985

Visit site
Once a week £45 for an hour, then try and do a xc clinic or something once a month, horse is young and green and a very quick learner!! He's improving on a day to day basis, feel if i was to leave it too long between lessons bad habits could be quickly learned!

dafthoss

Visit site
Well we do pc about 2 or three times a month in the summer so altough its not the same as a proper lesson it gets lots of diffrent peoples opinion involved and has given me quite a few useful exercises.

Now also having flat work lessons when I can fit them in, I need to give him a good few days working on what we did in the previous one to get the best from them. I'm finding them really helpful as although I know what I need to do with him he is really evasive so just having some one with new exercises and a pair of eyes on the ground has really helped us in just 2 sessions. Which reminds me I must book another for next week.

Also having a some lessons on one of the little ponies I'm riding for a friend as again I know what I need to do with him but his owner wants her daughters instructor to see what he is like with a bigger rider and get me some help to speed the process up so we can move on to jumping so her daughter can do some with him this summer.

noodle_

Visit site
for me its more like "per year.........." :D :D

my last lesson was sometime in autumn 2011 :eek: :eek: :eek:

When im back riding i will be hammering the lessons over winter 2012.

Celestica

Visit site
Dont have my own although I only ride every 2nd weekend. I used to ride every weekend but decided to switch from group to private lessons (group 25 private 50) and although I'm riding less I've come on a huge amount within 3 private lessons! It's supposed to be 50 euro for an hour but my instructor normally goes on until she's satisfied which can be an hour and forty five minutes nearly :eek: