How many of you do a job you loathe just to pay for the four legged beastie???

asterid

Visit site
I hate my job currently, but it is great hours and i get paid a fair amount for me to live on my own, afford my horsey and save up for random horse stuff.

Id love a new job, but know it would be 9-5 which equals not enough time for horse, riding when everyone else is and it being dark both ends of the day in winter. Plus I know a 9-5 won't pay as much.

Does anyone else work a job they loathe just to pay for horsey? It is good though, after a horrid day, seeing my little girls face makes all the days worries go away!

Point less post, but interested to hear your views.

danielle23

Visit site
Not a job but certain circumstances
I live with OH on his parents farm in a selfbuild caravan till they get the house extension finished for us
With 2 young children and a caravan falling to peices its hell!!! But we are here rent free, and i have 4 horses here at home livery/hay/straw etc free!
I am gratefull but if i had the money i would be renting till the house gets finished and have my horses at livery!
Forgot to add, if they wasnt here rent free i couldnt have so many :(

Last edited:

CrazyMare

Visit site
I loved my last job (my post was cut with funding cuts) except for having to get up at5.30am to do ponies before work, and not getting home til 6pm then still having ponies to do.

Am applying for new jobs now - would take less money for less travelling.

muddy boots

Visit site
Generally enjoy my job, although would opt for a less stressful and less senior post to allow more time with horse. Unfortunately mortgage, car and horse wont allow. My choice though and not complaining.

wellsat

Visit site
I love what I do now but I stuck my last job which I hated because it paid for me to have Daisy. She was the only thing that kept me going and OH knows it. I think he reckons horses are a small price to pay for a sane wife.

chaps89

Visit site
I stuck my last job out for a long time as my desk was about 100 yards from my stables which was rather nice*rueful look*
Whilst working there I also had to do part time work elsewhere to afford my horse & I was sharing my house with my (now ex) partner, goodness knows why I didn't feel I had the money as I am now earning about the same money in my new job (but doing 40 hours instead of 55 hours a week) but living on my own in a much costlier location.
My compromise this time tho has been I have to give up my flat and move into a house share as I really can't afford it & my work pattern/health/sanity doesn't allow for another job this time round- did try it to start with tho'!