How many people on here own Duns?

FairyLights

Visit site
or buckskins? My horse is dun [or buckskin,not sure which] hes such a miriad of colours,gold,grey,black,chocolate brown, He's gorgeous.:D

ladyt25

Visit site
Yep! Although mine I think would technically be buckskin I think? He's very bright yellow in colour with black legs, black mane and tail but has a white blaze and one white sock. I would post a pic but cannot access any as at work. I haven't seen any horse the same colour as mine though in the 17 years I've owned him.

arizonahoney

Visit site
I think duns tend to have so-called primitive markings...dorsal stripe, leg striping etc...and buckskins don't.

6023634988_e5fee26b31.jpg

5607054926_478a08c9da.jpg

Gratuitous pic of our two duns...connie x and fjord x.

Oberon

Visit site
I've always wanted a dun/buckskin.

There was a thread on Breeding a bit ago about a cremello TB stallion at stud, so there are a couple of palomino and buckskin TB foals around atm.....

debsg

Visit site
Not personally,but my friend who shares my yard has a lovely dun QH gelding, he has eel stripe and lovely leg barring so I'm assuming he's not buckskin! I loaned a gorgeous dun pony in my teens, one of my favourite colours.

bugbee717

Visit site
Here are mine
the most wonderful storm, haffy/fjord x holstenier, 2 and half ears old.
storm.jpg

and chance friesian x hafflinger, he 19 months old , his passport says dun, most people think he is.
chance.jpg

DW Team

Visit site
I have a buckskin yearling and his brother or sister is due in the spring both are by Crowns Wonder Pearl. He is my photo album. No idea how to post his photo on here.

xBumblebeex

Visit site
I do! I think? His passport says palomino, but I think he is Dun. He has the dorsal stripe on his back, stripes on his legs but has 2 white patches as well.
picture.php

picture.php

Not sure if he is to light in colour to be a Dun or not?

DunDally

Visit site
I do :D 16hh buckskin gelding Spanish x TB (bred in Spain). Champagne coloured (so quite pale) with a star and snip and frosting in the mane and tail.

We have a total five dun/buckskins on our yard, so can take a lorry load out competing - now that gets some attention :D

Enfys

Visit site
I do! I think? His passport says palomino, but I think he is Dun. He has the dorsal stripe on his back, stripes on his legs but has 2 white patches as well.
picture.php

picture.php

Not sure if he is to light in colour to be a Dun or not?

He would be called a Dun Paint here :) I had one that colour and he was registered as a Dun Tobiano.

Not a palomino (imo) even in the sootiest chocolate version. I would describe him as a yellow or bay dun, any idea of his breeding?

Scroll down: http://www.apha.com/breed/coatcolors.html
ccp04_Dun_sm.jpg

Last edited:

Aces_High

Visit site
Does the red dun tobiano in my sig count? :D :D

I had the most amazing 15hh dun who had barring on her shoulders, zebra stripes on her legs, dorsal stripe and her ears looked like they'd been dipped in paint. She was a TB x Zebra I think...
No idea on breeding but she was a little racehorse!

xBumblebeex

Visit site
He would be called a Dun Paint here I had one that colour and he was registered as a Dun Tobiano.

Not a palomino (imo) even in the sootiest chocolate version. I would describe him as a yellow or bay dun, any idea of his breeding?

Scroll down: http://www.apha.com/breed/coatcolors.html

He is a fjord x, thats all I know about him. He was rescued as a foal, and I got him at 14 months old.
Thanks for the link! :)

Janah

Visit site
My Dun has the classic dorsal stripe, almost barred legs (more mottled) no white, darker patches over the withers and last but not least the cobweb on his forehead. Nearly forgot the light stripe the length of his abdomen.

Jane

JFTDWS

Visit site
My Dun has the classic dorsal stripe, almost barred legs (more mottled) no white, darker patches over the withers and last but not least the cobweb on his forehead. Nearly forgot the light stripe the length of his abdomen.

Jane

Does your lad's dorsal stripe continue down his tail? Mine has a grey tail with a black line down the middle :confused:

And the stripe down fergie's abdomen is black with a white stripe in the middle... They're odd markings you get on duns, aren't they! :D