how many people wear body protectors/air vests for show jumping?

EquiiEm

New User
Visit site
hi
for my investigative project I would like to know how many people wear back protectors/airvests for eventing and how many wear them for showjumping? also what brand of body protector/air vest you use would help as well. :)

nfpony

Visit site
i wear a race safe body protecter when having a jumping lesson/ showjumping competition/ XC/ days when pony feels fresh, but rarely wear it when I'm just schooling and hacking.

Shay

Visit site
I'm not sure your question is clear. A BP is mandatory for the XC phase of eventing - so everyone is going to wear one. It might help top be more clear in what research you are conducting. Are you trying to compare pure SJ with the SJ phase of an event?

Orca

Visit site
During one day eventing, I wouldn't wear one for dressage but would for both jumping phases. For show jumping alone, sometimes I would, sometimes I wouldn't, depending upon the comp/ venue. For breaking youngsters, I played it by feel.

These days, I'm tempted to wear one for everything! In 90% of my falls, I was wearing one. It's either good luck that I was or a bad omen when I put one on! I'm undecided ��

FfionWinnie

Visit site
My daughter who is nearly 7 wears her racesafe at all times when riding or handling horses.

I have an airowear outlyne which I wear for XC.

I am considering a hit air for SJ (clinics and competing) but I am not sure I would wear it all the time which would defeat the purpose.

Pedantic

Visit site
I wear a Racesafe with shoulder pads every time I get on a horse regardless, you can come off anytime no matter how good you think you are or supposed to be

Dizzydancer

Visit site
Airowear ladies level 3 BP and helite air jacket for XC and arena eventing
Helite air jacket for SJ and any jumping schooling- sometimes will wear BP Aswell if horse seems fresh!!

Altho I wear my air jacket everytime I sit on my horse seems daft not to in my opinion

Annagain

Visit site
I wear my body protector every time I jump (other than popping the odd log out hacking). Apart from the safety factor, I ride far more positively with it on as I'm more confident! I don't lack confidence on the flat and (rightly or wrongly) feel I'm less likely to fall off so don't wear it for flatwork or dressage.

Embo

Visit site
I wear an Airowear Outlyne for ALL jumping away from home, competing or otherwise.

At home it depends what we're doing. I don't wear it for flat schooling, but I mostly will for jumping, but not always. Always wear it hacking.

I will get an air-jacket at some point.

amyroo

New User
Visit site
i wear one for jumping or if horse is feeling fresh and silly!! Don't wear it for schooling but do for long pleasure rides

Annagain

Visit site
I think I'd be more likely to wear an air jacket for normal riding (hacking / flatwork) if I had one than I am to wear my body protector. This is partly due to the cost - if you've spend £400 on it you may as well wear it - and partly as I imagine (I've never tried one on) it would be more comfortable than a body protector.

applecart14

Visit site
Air Jacket following sommersault and landing on my back. I vowed that day to not jump again until I had bought one. Luckily Your Horse Live was on a month later and I bought one out of my savings.