How many rugs do you buy a year?

Annagain

Visit site
I haven't bought a rug since 2013 if you don't count exercise sheets. I did buy a fleece exercise sheet last year - 2nd hand for a fiver (I don't think it had been used) and a hi-viz one this year as mice had chewed my old one when I dug it out of the rug chest (he only wears it in winter when he's clipped).

CBFan

Visit site
None. My horse only gets his rugs replaced if he grows out of them or they get damaged beyond repair. He has 1 L/W t/o which he is currently living in, 1 m/w t/o with detatchable neck, one lightweight stable rug, a fleece and a waffle cooler (both of which are pretty much redundant as he is now retired).

xgemmax

Visit site
I've bought

1 no fill turnout
1 MW standard turnout
1 MW full neck tunout
1 fleece
1 HW stable rug

(I had a rug detroyer!)

ETA that was 2015, i haven't bought those already this year haha!

Damnation

Visit site
Uhm, I hadn't bought my mare a new rug in 4 years.. she had trashed hers, so I bought her a full neck 100g Masta Climatemaster with 1 x 100g filler and 1 x 200g filler. That will do her for the next 5 years!

AShetlandBitMeOnce

Visit site
This year I have bought:

a hi-vis exercise rug,
a newmarket exercise rug,
a cooler rug,
a lightweight t/o (bit early but it has chickens on it!!)
a fleece stable rug
a heavyweight under rug
and a h/w stable rug with no neck.

And no, I don't mean in 2015, I mean in 2016. I have a problem.

ThePiebaldMoomin

Visit site
I seem to get on average through 1 rug a month and it's driving me insane my mare is the biggest ******* when it comes to rugs she is perfect to put them on and she lets you fall into a false sense of security for about a week or 2 and then she trashes them! She has destroyed every rug I have got her went up on Sunday afternoon to feed and her new rainrug it was a cheap brand because she has trashed 2 expensive ones in just as many weeks previously. I find it completely split down the back and the chest shredded literally. I love her to death and she could give to shits she is out in the freezing rain and cold but I care and it frustrates me lol

Bertolie

Visit site
I bought:-

1 x standard no fill turnout
1 x no fill combo turnout
1 x standard medium turnout
1 x standard fleece
1 x standard medium stable rug

My new mare came without rugs so these are all the rugs she has. I've only used the fleece and standard no fill turnout so far!

Merrymoles

Visit site
One - and that was grudgingly and because his rainsheet was leaking. He has been given a fleece (not worn yet as doesn't really need one) and a night rug, worn once after a particularly wet day when staying in the next day, and a lightweight exercise sheet which unfortunately is too big!

In total, he has:
Two rainsheets (one leaky)
One 100gm
One 180gm (bought in a sale)
One 200gm
Two 350gm (one given to me)
Two coolers (one from my old horse and one given to me)
One high-vis exercise sheet
One fly rug (given to me).

Pleased to say I don't have a rug habit as there is always something more urgent to buy!

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
When my bargain medium turnout arrived today from Robinsons it did make me think, how many rugs have I bought this year?

I have calculated it to be:
1 no fill turnout
2 fly rugs
1 full neck fleece
The newly purchased still in bag turnout.

That's normal isn't it?!
Maybe 1 or two as my horses have a very big wardrobe and only when one leaks do I replace it