How many saddles do you have for 1 horse?!

Mrs C

Visit site
I school in a dressage saddle but my knees go over the blocks when I do my stirrups up a hole or 2 to hack or do pole work. What do you hack out in and would it be ott to buy a gp or even a jump saddle to hack in?! She can be sharp so want to be as secure as poss. I'd also like to do some (very very very small!!!) jumping which I know I could do in my dressage if it came to it however know a gp would poss be best. I definitely don't want to trade in my dressage as I like how it puts me in the right position and I plan on doing some dressage this yr too
Just wanted to nosy at what everyone else rides in and if you have more than one saddle for your horse (that you use!!)
Thanks

toomanyhorses26

Visit site
I have a dressage for walk hacking (yawn) and flatwork , we do have a jump saddle for jumping and the faster hacking but it has been gathering dust for the last 18 months due to injury - plus a show saddle for competing and another gp that I keep if he ever has his anorexic phase again as the others all become too wide for him

Greylegs

Visit site
Own three, use two ... Dressage for flat work and GP for hacking and the bit of jumping that we do (which isn't much tbh...)

Must sell the other one some day.... If I had a bottomless pit of money, I'd have dozens .... I love 'em ...

Queenbee

Visit site
For ebony I had three, her wintec 2000 which I bought new when I got her, her bates which essentially replaced this and her show saddle.

JLD

Visit site
4. For a pony I don't ride ! The too big one my old horse had, the cub saddle my daughter doesn't ride him in, the saddle I will ride him in when I lose enough weight and the pad my 2 yr old occasionally uses but tends to get chucked on bareback anyway !

ihatework

Visit site
At the moment I only compete dressage and my horse just has a dressage saddle. I hack in it, jump the odd log in it and a couple of weekends ago went up the all weather gallops in it!

Corner Mad House

Visit site
Just a Liberty that is a jump saddle but is so comfortable and allows the horse so much more freedom that I use it for dressage as well.

Do have a dressage saddle as well, which I must sell!

One More

Visit site
Urh I think for one horse my record is 4. One dressage saddle that I don't like but can't seem to sell, one dressage saddle, one monoflap jump saddle and one GP for mucky hacking and hunting :)

Mrs C

Visit site
At the moment I only compete dressage and my horse just has a dressage saddle. I hack in it, jump the odd log in it and a couple of weekends ago went up the all weather gallops in it!

How do you find galloping and jumping in the dressage - do you leave your stirrups long or have knee over the block? X

Jingleballs

Visit site
2 - a dressage and a jumping. Although the jumping hasn't been on the horse for months - unfortunately I found a gp didn't do the job for either dressage or jumping but I'd love to find the right saddle that allows for both!

SuperH

Visit site
Mine have one each. They are both allrounders and we do a bit of everything in the one saddle. I then have a huge collection of other saddles from previous horses. I like to keep them just in case.

Mrs C

Visit site
I put stirrups up a couple of holes and just accept my knees go over the blocks a bit

That's what I'm doing at the moment but was hoping I might be more secure doing fast work with a different cut :)
Seems it would be perfectly reasonable then for me to buy a second as a lot of you sound to have more than one so I feel less frivolous! Thanks

Tnavas

Visit site
Five at last count! Only one fits her though! The GP. With my last horse a sharp TB I always hacked out in a GP so that I could put my stirrups up a couple of holes. Amazing how having your thigh ahead of you more leaves you far more secure.

Schooling on the flat was done in a dressage, but if I was planning to do poles or some jumps, then I used the GP.

blitznbobs

Visit site
My cob has 3 - a dressage saddle - used daily and is my 'go to saddle' a gp for faster work and jumping and a suede show saddle reserved only for the show ring ...

noodle_

Visit site
barnsby dressage saddle at the moment.... i want a nice brown GP for jumping/faster work which wont be happening until winter!

i have jumped in a dressage saddle and would do pole work in it to be honest as its really secure and i love it :)

so one :(

Luce85

Visit site
On average, each horse has 2 - a dressage and a jumping one, but some are the same size and when we have as many as we do, they can share haha!
We then have the ones for backing