How many supplements do you feed?

dixie

Visit site
Horse 1 - Top Spec Cool balancer (as its half price at the moment), garlic, salt, Linseed Oil

Horse 2 - Top Spec Cool balancer, garlic, salt, Linseed Oil, Vit E supplement (due to his neck neurological problems) and just finished a course of Ventapulmin so will be looking for a good supplement for airways.

Both of the above have this mixed in with Hi Fi Molasses Free and sugar beet and carrots - one show jumps and the other has been resting over the winter but hope to have him hacking soon.

miss_c

Visit site
Genie has...

A general vit and mins supplement (powder) as she has very little actual feed
Biotin as she had bad feet when I got her, although I am going to try her off of it when I run out and see how her feet go
Oestress - moody and argumentative mare!
ProPel plus - as recommended by my vet

Feed wise all she gets is a handful of fast fibre and a handful of chaff once a day.

poiuytrewq

Visit site
Shetland has Protexin gut balancer as his tummy struggles a bit with grass (this actually works and is one of the few supplements i think i see a real difference with)
Daughters coblet is currently on Naff Magic calmer, simply because i got it mega cheap and figured we'd give it a try.
Retired horse has danilon but i guess thats a medication rather than a supplement.
They currently all have Equine America Airways powder whilst they are in but i'll stop that soon.

atropa

Visit site
Just two, 365 Complete balancer/vitmin supplement and a cup of marigold and clivers to try and keep her legs from swelling, split between two feeds a day.

Wagtail

Horse servant
Visit site
None to current mare. I feed her only once a day on a scoop of pure feeds easy. She does fine on this, has a very shiny coat and great feet (she's barefoot).

eating_zpsom1ikt9k.jpg

I don't think supplements do much so long as you have a good basic feed and plenty of good quality forage. Pure feeds contains a balancer in any case. I did feed pro hoof and linseed to my late mare for all the good it did her. Made no difference at all but cost a fortune.

dibbin

Visit site
Jazz - 2 scoops NAF ProFeet and 2 scoops Global Herbs SarcEx each day, split over 2 feeds. He has a quarter crack that he's had since I bought him so the ProFeet is just to keep his hooves strong and healthy. He's been on it pretty much since I bought him in 2013 and his feet have improved massively - the crack is barely visible now. The SarcEx is because (a) he's grey and (b) he has a couple of little skin lumps that were picked up on vetting, they haven't changed in the last 3 years.

Harley - 2 scoops of SarcEx each day, split over 2 feeds. He had a sarcoid on his chest a couple of years ago that had to be treated with Liverpool cream, and we're keen to avoid a repeat ...