How many times a week can you use Sedalin

Cuz88

New User
Visit site
Hi,

I have turned my horse out into the field today on Sedalin prescribed by the vet (he has been in for just under 2 months) and I would like to turn him out again tomorrow but I am worried the edge was taken off today (he just walked out) but he may go mad tomorrow not on it. Does anyone know how many times you can use Sedalin in a week? I do not want to poison him by using it so close together? Any information would be great! Thank you!

ownedbyaconnie

Visit site
I know someone that is using 2mm twice a day to begin ridden rehab and take the edge off (he’s been on box rest for about 8 weeks) and this is on the recommendation of her vet so I would assume that means it’s ok! But I would always ask your own vet for advice specific for your own horse and situation.

doodle

Visit site
Not for turnout but Robin was on it every day for a couple of weeks for box rest. Turns out it dosnt do anything to him! However when turned out I would rather my horse was 100% with it and aware of what his feet were doing rather than sedated

Lady Jane

Visit site
I used several times a day for a few weeks while on box rest. Start with as low dose as you can and work up. I used to hand graze and turn out, I wouldn't risk for ridden work

PSD

Visit site
My mare was on it daily for a few months when she was on box rest for laminitis. Though it was used to keep her heart rate down not for sedative purposes

Pinkvboots

Visit site
My horse had it everyday for a week for turnout started with a big dose then just reduced it as the week went on, it's fine to feed daily for long periods it just depends if the dose is doing enough to keep them calm.