How many?

Rollin

Visit site
How many studs will be overstocked with unsold weanlings this year? Is anyone doing a survey?

If you are a breeder to you plan to reduce the number of mares you cover this year? Are you able to keep and bring on unsold youngsters?

When do you think the market will pick up?

I don't have any youngstock to sell at the moment just interested in your thoughts for next year.
confused.gif

Anastasia

www.morayfirthstud.co.uk
Rollin I think that your question may be a bit of how long is a piece of string. Nobody will know what will sell or not until the end of the year.

Young horses with good breeding are still selling, by that I mean by sires and dams who are proven. I know of several people who are still selling without any trouble. In fact I know of a producer of event type horses who are selling horses very fast just now.

koeffee

Visit site
i only have one to sell this year, i make a point of everything has a price tag in my yard so if this years foal doesnt go, something else will!!!!!

Rollin

Visit site
Bhs are promoting responsible breeding but does that mean fewer as well as better quality?

I only ask because I decided not to by an in-foal mare and am thinking about what to cover for next year.