How meny of you ride bareback

Tick as applies to you..

• Total voters

weevil

Visit site
I do sometimes on riding holiday as we ride the horses back to their fields bareback.
Not to be recommended on a horse with a very prominent spine, and also not a good idea on a horse you have just sponged off
grin.gif

JadeWisc

Visit site
I LOVE riding bareback. I do it all of the time. One of the reasons is how i feel all of the muscles that I had worked in my legs the next day. trotting bareback is the most fun! Staying on takes alot of muscle work for balance
wink.gif

fdbaf66d0409.jpg

RunToEarth

Visit site
Oshka wont let me on bareback, hes very tickly and I wouldnt risk it.
Bertha,Monty and hurk all the flipping time, I really believe its the way to go some days
smile.gif

Only bareback Bekkas when I am brining them all in together- and yes I know what im doing
laugh.gif

tashyisaudrey

Visit site
I love riding bareback - I admit she is rather slippery and shiny, but I ride her bareback to the field and that and sometimes ride her in from the field - always wear a hat though. Bit bumpy in trot though. I havn't done it for a while with my mare as she had a back problem - but I am quite light so am sure she would not object especially as her back is now fine
smile.gif

MagicMelon

Visit site
I used to a lot. Not anymore *sigh* - the horses I have now are a bit too nutty to go bare! One has massive withers so OUCH, plus he has a very sensitive back so think he'd chuck me off pretty quick. And my other boy bucks!

Chumsmum

Visit site
Loose hairs sticking in my bum - wow, what a sight
smile.gif
Might try it in the field, with a neck strap
blush.gif
when Chum is back in work and fit again. However, he has had back/shoulders problems before which are sorted now but could bareback aggrevate it??

MrsMagoo

Visit site
Used to when i was younger with the little ponys but havnt the desire to do it now...(although did have sneaky ride back from field with Star the other week:))....

I have enough problem with my young mares back as it, without me jumping up and down on it and I have this terrible fear of anything else happening to her or Star so stay well clear...:(