How much - 5yr old

H-J

www.piczo.com
So I dont think our offer is going to be accepted on the 4yr old
frown.gif
was quite low but unfortunately thats all it is worth. So anyway been looking and have found something that we are going to look at on Saturday
smile.gif

How much would you say.....

16.2hh, grey gelding, imported from Holland a few mths ago, full warmblood, front shoes on, not vaccinated, was underweight when imported so just been turned out for a bit, apparently has a very nice jump, schooling but is green, hacks out. Good temp and good as gold to handle apparently. Cant think of anything else!

fruity

Visit site
ummm depends on it's breeding.I wouldn't pay more than 4k really and thats if it has decent lines. Is the mum or dad proven? Not got much to go on to give a exact more price

H-J

www.piczo.com
Not sure about breeding yet, will be when I see passport on Sat! Glad you have all said these prices as it is priced resonably then
smile.gif

emz206

Visit site
depends on breeding, we bought one of these last year: coloured DWB mare, 5 yrs old, imported from holland, but due to fantastic lines (Concorde/Voltaire/Ahorn etc) cost £7500 - haveing done v. little indeed. i think it will depend on paces and jump and of course lines. very few off the continent dont have papers so its worth investigating.

BBs

Visit site
If he was imported he should be microchipped and have all his papers, plus vets certificate (they have to be vetted before coming here).

Id say £3k - £4 depending on how it moved, boldness, temp and jump

chatter1

www.wayacresporthorses.co.uk
I often import horses from holland and they don't have to be vetted before being imported, they just get checked over by a vet to see that there are no obvious sign of illness before leaving the country. Difficult to say how much this one would be worth without knowing more about it!!!

Rachel_M

Visit site
2k- 2.5k- The horse is an imported warmblood, which are a dime a dozen, and no mention of conformation which can be downright dire on some of the imported stock.

H-J

www.piczo.com
[ QUOTE ]
2k- 2.5k- The horse is an imported warmblood, which are a dime a dozen, and no mention of conformation which can be downright dire on some of the imported stock.

[/ QUOTE ]

His conformation looks good in the pictures, obviously all depends when we can have a closer look!

BBs

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I often import horses from holland and they don't have to be vetted before being imported, they just get checked over by a vet to see that there are no obvious sign of illness before leaving the country. Difficult to say how much this one would be worth without knowing more about it!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh okay, thanks for cleaning that one up
smile.gif

I know mine was checked over by the vet and i had a certificate and YOs horses are always being checked by vet as they go to and from europe
smile.gif

TarrSteps

Visit site
I attended an mid-level auction recently with some similar sounding horses on the books and I have to say the prices ranged from about 7000€ to over 40000€ (5k-30k+) BUT these were horses already selected for the sale on their movement, ability, size etc and pre-vetted so already to the mid-upper end of the market. (There are horses in that group selling for more than twice that but they are special indeed. The top seller was fantastic and the horse everyone wanted, hence the price.) Everyone we talked to said we would be able to see horses at much lower prices on the farm, especially if we were willing to be flexible and not want what everyone else wanted.

The "problem" with European producers/breeders is the generally know what they have the there are established channels for selling them, so great horses don't often "slip through the cracks." The upside is the breed so many and more often treat it like a business so tend to set realistic prices and stick to them.

All of which is no help I know, but is does mean if the horse was recently imported you can assume he cost what they're asking less import costs and profit. The question would be why is he worth more now than he was in Holland? (Obviously the fact you don't have to import him ups the price.) Has he got recent comp results? Does he have "family connections"? (Not that that makes him worth anymore in himself but if he looks the part it adds to the likely hood he will produce as expected.) For an event horse I'd be particularly interested in how he's bred, especially as regards to his likely stamina and how heavy he will be when he's finished. The Dutch are not know for their terrific event horses and put little emphasis on it in their stud books, but then again they use a lot of outside blood so it's possible he might have interesting TB/French lines in him as well.

Being a warmblood gets him nowhere, price wise, nor does being imported. They breed crap on the Continent, too.
wink.gif

H-J

www.piczo.com
Thanks for your reply. I didnt say being imported makes him worth any more money then any british horses. Just wondered what people thought he was roughly worth. And your prices have made me smile as he is advertised for less
smile.gif
Can only go and try on Sat and see what he is like will also want to check breeding as well. I presume he will be KWPN not sure though

icestationzebra

Visit site
Doesn't always mean if he is registered KWPN that he has dutch lines. Mine is Holstein x SF with a thorougbred grandsire. Important to get your hands on the passport and check his breeding.

H-J

www.piczo.com
All I know is he was imported from Holland, I was just presuming KWPN. Not too fussed about breeding too much if he does the job! He is such a good price that even if he doesnt turn out to make an eventer which would be a shame. We could sell him on at a profit as a dressage/SJ horse. Who knows though havent even sat on the thing!
grin.gif

Will post piccies and breeding at the weekend though if we are interested
smile.gif